We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas season at DW question

Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas season at DW question

Yep I'm still at it on researching. The good news is we think we can swing the vacation this year and a little easier than expected !

Now we are trying to nail down dates. I had it in my mind to go December 6-13 because I can't miss school the week of Dec 13 right before break, as much as I'd like to when my students get antsy for the holidays :--).

However, we are considering the week prior to Thanksgiving, as the crowd calendar on easydw shows that week as being low crowds as well. However, I have always had a "thing" about not getting too excited about Christmas, or at least showing it, until after Thanksgiving is over.

To help with our decision... is DW in full Christmas mode that week prior to Thanksgiving? We had some friends go this time of year last year and said they got in on some Christmas stuff, but wasn't sure if DW got all decorated and such this soon before Christmas. Because of the comments on here about how cool DW is at Christmas time is a big reason why we picked Dec 6 -13.

Thanks as always!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas season at DW question

Virtually all of the Christmas decorations will be in place, the week before Thanksgiving. You will miss the "Candlelight Processional" and the "Santas Around the World" in Epcot, if you travel before Thanksgiving. The Magic Kingdom Christmas Tree will be put in place, after they film the Christmas Day Parade, usually the first weekend in December.

Both sets of dates are good for lower crowds. Keep in mind that there really are no "slow" periods at Disney, any longer. Dining may be a factor, if you wish to dine with the characters or at some of Disney's unique venues. Both sets of dates are already taking reservations and the more popular restaurants could easily be "sold out". Perhaps you could view availability before you select your dates.

Happy planning!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,432 Reviews
Orlando, FL
2. Re: Christmas season at DW question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:17