We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

Devon, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

We are looking to book at a WDW hotel this time and now have a little boy who will be 4 when we go in November 2015. With so much choice we don't know where to start when it comes to the hotels. Are the price differences justified? Also can you use the facilities at other hotels or just the one you book at?

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,969 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

You cannot "pool hop" if that's what your asking, (not sure about the value resorts, as I've not stayed in those) but you can go to other resorts to look round or dine.

What's the little chaps likes?

As you go up in categories, you get more & more on site facilities. So in my opinion the increases are justified.

You will get way cheaper off site, but having done that with my nephew when he was 4, no atmosphere:-(:-(

When I took him back when he was 6 we stayed on site & it was Christmas so IMHO, no comparison. As long as you like Disney:-):-)

Edited: 15 June 2014, 21:24
Devon, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

Iat the moment he is really into Cars so was thinking Art of Animation but he may well have moved on by then so really looking for best pool and play facilities as we can go and see the styling if it's a different hotel.

Have stayed in a villa off site in the past but that was pre children when we could be out for 14 hour days and it not be an issue. I love the idea of being able to go back to hotel and chill before going out again for dinner etc.

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

If you book at least a Moderate, you can get the current UK resident Free Dining Deal for 2015

Would have a look at Port Orleans Riverside, very nice. You get the Free Counter Dining plan Free with a Moderate Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

If you wanted to upgrade to the Regular Dining plan, which includes Table Service Restaurants (character meals and such ) you can pay the difference in the cost or book a Deluxe Resort that includes the Free Regular Dining Plan, either is an option

If you do upgrade to a Deluxe Resort, the UK Agents seem to push Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, both nice but there are other options. Our Favourite, for many reasons, is the Wilderness Lodge, lovely

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201827

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

We like to stay at Pop Century since the hotel is decorated with oversized statues of Disney characters and we like the atmosphere. The same goes for Art of Animation-never stayed there, but looks great.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

Well AOA with its car theming is lovely. My so adored the fact that their was car models everywhere and places he recognised from the film. It had a wonderful pool but the disadvantage of the AOA is that it is excluded from all offers in the uk.

The only special offer you will find for value resorts is free breakfast. You are much better off looking at moderate to get the free quick service dining plan. i think port orleans or the cabins at fort wilderness are great moderate resorts. You can always up grade the free dining plan to include table service by paying the difference.

So far this year the usual uk special offers for Old key west and Saratoga springs have not materialised so i dont know if they will run them or if they are reserving them for the second wave of uk special offers which normally appear about september time.

With regards to visiting other resorts, you can go visit and use the dining facilities and look around but as for using the pool that is not allowed. Whatever you decide to do, it is well worth taking your little one to look around AOA resort my son loved posing for photos with the cars. My avatar photo was taken at AOA!

Edited: 16 June 2014, 14:41
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

Personally I think a 4 year old will love all the resorts. Have a look and pick the one that you want to stay at as he'll love it too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

Have heard only great reviews for Port Orleans Riverside...sounds like a great option for parents and little ones (loads of amenities). Have never stayed at AOA, but if OP reserved there...are they guaranteed a Cars room if that's the their request or could they end of with Little Mermaid?

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

The cars rooms are Suites, not the standard room, a lot more money, plus no free dining for the UK offer, just breakfast, better deals to be had, IMHO, of course

I agree with USLovers, a 4 year old is going to Love any Resort. Pick the Resort that has the best Amenities and deals for the grown ups :)

Devon, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

Thanks everyone. May have to be my pick after all :)

10. Re: Which Disney hotel for a 4 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:16