We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

We are going to Magic Kingdom the first week of December. I was looking at the calendar and the days I want to go are having Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party those days and closing at 7pm. One of those days will have early magic hours and open at 8am instead of 9am. We will not be on property so cannot use that. I am wanting to know if these short days are normally busy and crowded or less since they have the party that night. Also, is the day with the extended morning hours going to be more crowded than the one without? Just trying to decide on a day so I can book a character meal. Thanks in advance for any help.

pa
Level Contributor
53,834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

The first week of December is a pretty good time to visit, lower crowd levels then the rest of the month but of course there is no time of the year when you will feel you have the Parks to yourself. I would avoid the days with Morning extra Magic Hours if staying off site, it will feel more crowded arriving after so many will have already been there. If you are OK with the closing time of 7pm and really, having 10 hours to enjoy the Magic Kingdom can be enough, i would suggest you go and have as much fun as you can on a day without Morning Extra Magic Hours even if the Park closes at 7pm

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

If you can avoid it, don't go to a park that has had morning EMH if you aren't on property. It makes the park seem more crowd right from the start. The one downside with going on a christmas party day is that many people either come and stay all day or the park really starts to fill up around 4pm when people with party tickets can get in. We went a party day and it was really busy. Better to go to a different park that day.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

The only other day I can go will be a Saturday when there is no party or early morning. I was trying to avoid a weekend day but would that be a better choice? Would Saturday be less crowded?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

Go on Saturday or you will miss the night time parade, castle light show and fireworks. All 3 are fabulous!

Enjoy!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

Disney is pretty much crowded all the time and since you are going the first part of December when there aren't school breaks, there likely won't be many Florida people there. Plus the nighttime entertainment can't be beat!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

Thanks everyone! I hate going on a Saturday but I forgot all that we would miss at night. I really don't like these Christmas parties closing the park early. We went to one of the Christmas parties a few years ago and it was good but I don't know if I would do it again.

7. Re: Question on day to go during Mickey's Christmas party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:15