We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

As much as we'd like to stay at a Disney property the entire length of our 6 night stay in December, we will stay off-site part of this trip for budgeting purposes. Does anybody happen to know if there are any condo/home neighborhoods/communities close enough to Disney World to see the fireworks in the event we aren't already at the parks at night? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

I haven't been since 2006, but I doubt that any new gated communities have been built close enough during that time to be near enough to see the fireworks in any great detail.

I mean, you can see them from the upper floors of Rodeway Inn on I drive, but not to really *enjoy* them.

However, I think most of the Condo apartments in the Lake Buena Vista area get some sort of view of the fireworks. Obviously it all depends what way your unit is facing and all that.

But to really enjoy WDW fireworks you need to be in Main street just back from the castle IMO

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

You'll never bother with another firework display again btw once you've seen the Disney MK ones... :-)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

You could always go to Downtown Disney to view the fireworks, not as great as being in a park but still very nice...staying on Hotel Plaza Blvd., or in Lake Buena Vista will give you some viewing of the very high ones. In fact I live close by and I can see some of the MK ones !

Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

Thank you both for replies! If DW fireworks are anything like Disneyland fireworks you are right MikeC.... Hard to top those !

Thanks to both for nearby street names. Would love to find a condo/community close enough to downtown Disney to walk there !

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,510 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

You can walk to Downtown Disney from the Grand Villas (condos) and there are a few others over there (sorry off hand I don't know the names of them).

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

We saw the fireworks from the four bed villa we rented at Indian Creek which is five minutes from Animal Kingdom.

It is on a higher level in the community because when we stayed at the five bed belonging to the same family we could not see them.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

We could see them from the upstairs bedrooms of the pool home we rented at Windsor Hills but I wouldn't make that a criteria for booking a home. The fireworks so far away that you're only seeing the highest ones and it's less than spectacular. After the first night we didn't even bother to look. We've gone to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian and watched them from there a couple times. The music is piped in at the dock and the beach and although not as good as seeing them up close in the park it was nice to see them reflected in the lake.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

I can hear them from downtown on some nights. Does that count? ;)

9. Re: Villas/Homes close enough to see Disney fireworks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:16