We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
396 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

Hi.

we are 2 adults and a 4 year old plus 2 pensioners. we have the quick service dining plan for free attached to our hotel. we are staying for a week at port Orleans riverside. It is unlikely that the two pensioners will visit the parks every day but the 2 adults plus child are likely be there all day every day! 1 adult is a glutton and has bottomless legs and the other adult plus child have sweet tooths but don't have big portions.

Any hints or suggestions please as to the best way to get the most out of our quick service dining plan please!!!

with much thanks

linksmanmissy

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

For is the quick service plan is too limiting. In the day its ok as you can easily eat at the quick service places in the parks, there's loads of them. But for dinner your be eating the same stuff again and you won't be able to eat in any of the nice restaurants. If you really like your food and want to eat at some lovely restaurants, then I'd upgrade to the dining plan.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
396 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

Moomin 21 thank you for your reply. Unfortunately upgrading this holiday is not affordable - it was either the quick dining (offered free(!!!) as part of our hotel package or skimp on tickets to Disney itself (less days no waterparks etc or cheaper hotel without the dining plan which actually didn't work out any cheaper really iykwim... at the moment I am seriously looking at some basic provisions e.g. fruit snacks and even poss cereal in the room in the morning and use the quick dining throughout the day unless the portions are large enough for us to share and perhaps manage a breakfast as well without bankrupting our points for the holiday!!!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
396 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

that way we might be able to afford one character dining and perhaps a meal out as well. any other tips much appreciated though

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

Hi there

Yes we too went for the free QSDP - upgrading was far too expensive and we were advised by our operator that we would have more than enough food on the QSDP and it was better to save our money and to perhaps book one or two nice meals out if we wanted to.

We are going to order from Garden Grocer before we arrive so that we have some provisions in our room such as drinks/snacks etc - we will also take some granola bars etc into the parks with us to snack on to keep our energy up!

We have a one day when we are going to Discovery Cove so won't be using our dining credits then as everything is all inclusive plus it's not a Disney park- Plus we may be booking a dining package for Fantasmic so we will be able to use these credits up on other days.

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

We are also staying at Port Orleans but the French Quarter side. Going in May 2015....can't wait!!!

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

I was booking POR and wanted to upgrade to DDP but the Disney rep advised me to price Wilderness Lodge as it would work out cheaper and include DDP and it did. We've booked to go there and can't wait never thought I could ever afford a deluxe resort in MK area!! So excited!!!!

Already looking at the Villa option as it seems a lot cheaper for 2016 lol

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

Aloha,

Some of the ways we get the most out of our Quick service Credit is

Use them for lunch or dinner a dessert is included and is not with Breakfast

exchange a dessert for a soup or something healthier

Always share

Look at the menus before we go and have a rough Idea of where we want to dine

themouseforless.com/tripplanning/…menus.shtml

Use your snack credit's for breakfast

Happy Planning

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

We are staying at the CB in July of this year on a quick service dining plan ..... I will post on our return

so looking forward to it now ..only a month to go

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

The quick service plan is more than enough to enjoy your holiday, it has lots of great options if you know where to look. On my last Disney holiday I got the free "normal dining plan" and in my opinion the experience and atmosphere of some of the restaurants is better than the food itself. We ended up preferring some of the quick service options such as dining in Downtown Disney. Such as 'Cooks of Dublin' which does the best ever fish and chips and pies or Wolf 'Gang Puck Cafe' which has a great variation of options. It is true burgers and nuggets do dominate the field but there are other options too. As others have mentioned use your snack credits for breakfast, like pastries, yogurt. I'm planning on bringing cereal bars for the morning so I can get sweeter snacks later... ice cream cookie sandwich, YUM! I made a list for our upcoming holiday of QS places and what kind of thing they have, my sis is a bit of a picky eater so I need know which places suit her. There are other great sites to check out menus and treats e.g. wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.h…

Anyway enjoy your Holiday :)

Animal Kingdom

• Flame Tree Barbecue- chicken and ribs BBQ

Restaurantosaurus- Hotdog, burger, nuggets

• Yak and yeti- s&s chicjen, honey chicken – frozen lemonade

Hollywood studios

• Fairfax Fare- chicken and ribs BBQ, hotdog

• Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner- stuffed pretzel

• Rosie’s All American- burger, nugget, pizza – parfait

• Toluca Legs Turkey Co.- turkey leg :P

Epcot

• Electric Umbrella Restaurant- sub, burger, nuggets- cheesecake

• Liberty inn- burger, nuggets, steak – apple pie

• Yorkshire County Fish Shop- fish and chip

• Sunshine Seasons Food Court- varied (potato/ mash)

• Other countries – take a lookie

Magic Kingdom

• Be our guest (lunch)- pork, turkey, chicken, mash- cupcake/ cream puff

• Casey’s Corner- corn dog nuggets, hot dog – brownie/ cotton candy

• Columbia arbour House- fish, shrimp, nuggets - cobbler

• Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe- Hotdog, burger, nuggets, rotisserie chicken, mash

• Golden Oak Outpost- chicken nuggets, chicken sandwich

• Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café-, burger, chicken sandwich, taco, ribs , sweet potato fries

• Tomorrow land Terrace - burger, nuggets, pasta, shrimp, chicken sandwich

Downtown Disney

• Cookes of Dublin – pie and fish

• Earl of sandwich- sandwiches – ice cream brownie sandwich

• Marketplace Snacks - Philly cheese Steak Hot Dog- ice cream

• Wolfgang Puck Café- pizza, ribs, mash, chicken, pot pie

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,510 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how to get the most out of our quick service dining plan...

We did QSDP last year at POFQ. We thought it was great. Just ate when we wanted in the parks or back at the hotel. I would have hated having to organise our holiday around 14 table service credits.