We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Ideas

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Ideas

Me and my girlfriend are going to Orlando in November and will be there for Thanksgiving.

We went at the same time 2 years ago and spent so much time umming and awwing about whether to go to the shops at midnight or go for a nice dinner that we ended up getting fed up waiting around the shops and not being able to choose a restaurant that we ended up having a pizza in our apartment late at night half sleeping.

I will be hoping to avoid a repeat of last time this year around and was wondering if anybody has any ideas of good places to eat or any other fun things to do on Thanksgiving.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

Book dinner on Thanksgiving. As for where, it depends on what you want and where you're staying.

Also, go to the parks in the afternoon on Thanksgiving because that is generally when people go home to spend the holiday with their family and the parks thin out a bit. We went last year on Thanksgiving and noticed this. (The opposite is true on Christmas because families wake up and open presents on Christmas morning then file into the parks towards the afternoon.)

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

Thanks seebeach,

We haven't booked yet but most likely going to stay at Westgate Lakes.

We could maybe go to IOA that day as my OH just runs round and goes on the big rides while I hold her bag so could get it over with while there are no queues haha

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

Dean W's other half here!

I think we should definitely book somewhere for dinner, it wasn't fun eating pizza in our room on Thanksgiving!

Can anyone suggest somewhere good?

Edited: 19 June 2014, 16:07
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,543 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

We have always found the Disney parks to be very very crowded all day Thanksgiving;Universal and Seaworld a little less so.But still,all very busy. In the past,we have gone to the buffets at the Peabody and the Gaylord Palms. Both are fantastic though the Peabody is now a different hotels so things may have changed. The Disney restaurants can be fun for Thanksgiving but they kind of rush you. We also have had greeat holiday meals at Emerils.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

If you want to go to Disney, you might want to consider Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom. They serve the traditional Thanksgiving meal family style. You would need to make an advance reservation and have a park ticket for that day though. And the parks will likely be crowded all day-it was at least in our experience.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

If you're going to be at Universal that day then I highly recommend booking at one of their resorts. Here's last year's info: orlandoinformer.com/universal/…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,675 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

If you really are going to go to IOA on Thanksgiving Day then I'd either eat at the Hard Rock Hotel or the Portofino Bay Hotel. There are several choices including a couple of nice buffets.

The Peabody is now the Hyatt Regency Orlando and pretty close to where you are staying. Even if they don't do the same buffet the Peabody did, it is a good bet they'll have something similar.

The Deluxe hotels at WDW do great Thanksgiving Day meals, especially Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge.

I am sure all the restaurants at Pointe Orlando will be open and Maggiano's and Capital Grill do nice Thanksgiving meals.

In any case, choose soon and make reservations soon.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

The Rosen Centre, Rosen Plaza and the Rosen Shingle Creek all do delicious Thanksgiving Buffets... there are also restaurants on I Drive that will be having dinners, by the end of summer the list of hotels/restaurants serving dinner should be published.

9. Re: Thanksgiving Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17