We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers....which park first??

UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first timers....which park first??

Hi guys me again lol.....which park do people recommend to do first?? this is our first time and quite interested to see which park people do first.

cheers peeps x

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers....which park first??

I did Universal Islands of Adventure first because I wanted to see WWoHP :)

Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timers....which park first??

We done mk first last year then sea world but they were the only 2 we done. (Had a 2 year old with us!!)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,441 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timers....which park first??

You will be up at silly-o-clock your first morning so will probably start feeling tired earlier than usual. I would do a park like Animal Kingdom that is not so big and closes relatively early.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timers....which park first??

We always do either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios(we just do Disney though). These parks are smaller and close earlier than the bigger EPCOT or Magic Kingdom.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timers....which park first??

I recommend starting out with anything but the Magic Kingdom. It's fantastic and you will get to see it in all its glory later but the other parks are better to start out with imo. I would say to do Epcot then the Studios then Animal Kingdom and end with the Magic Kingdom. Most travelers do MK, Epcot, Studios, AK.

I will also mention that Undercover Tourist offers a crowd calendar that you can use to plan out your days as well. They predict how busy parks will be on particular days of the week and then make recommendations regarding which park(s) to visit that day with the least crowds. I've found it to be pretty accurate but bear in mind that all of the parks will be busy if you are traveling during the high seasons from June through the end of August, Christmas to New Years, or Spring Break (mid Feb through mid April). https:/…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: first timers....which park first??

Hollywood

Epcot

Animal Kingdom

Seaworld

Magic Kingdom

Universal

Bush gardens

Islands of adventure

I do mine in that order

Edited: 19 June 2014, 17:13
SOMERSET
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first timers....which park first??

We are going for the 1st time in 19 days and have decided to do MK 1st so we get that true Disney magic on our 1st day xx

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: first timers....which park first??

We did Magic Kingdom as our first and feel it gives the immediate Disney buzz. You will probably be tired but could make it a short visit with few if any rides 1st day. just soak up the atmosphere. We go again at Christmas and will start with MK as usual

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first timers....which park first??

Don't do Epcot first! We did this on our first trip and were very disappointed and came away wondering what all the fuss was about. It's a fairly nice park but does not have the WOW factor

kent
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first timers....which park first??

We did Universal first last time- there were hardly any queues and the weather was amazing so was a fab first day of hols- stayed till gone 8pm even with Jetlag ;)