We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Flights 2015

scotland
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando Flights 2015

We are travelling to Orlando at the end of June 2015 for 3 weeks and are looking for some advice on flights. We can book with Thomas Cook now - flights from Glasgow coming in at around £800-850 per person. Do we go ahead and book now or wait until mid August when Virgin flights are released to compare?

I would have thought Thomas Cook prices will have risen by then if Virgin are expensive?

What is the better airline to fly with?

Thanks in advance.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

hi were flying from Glasgow next june with thomsons and at the minute the flights are £629 from the 8th to the 22nd of june

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

If you wait 1 week prior to going you will get a deal with thompsons, however not for faint hearted or family, Virgin & ba have sales in January, we allwzys use indirect route with sky scsnners, good luck

scotland
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Thanks

Thomson dates are no good to us sadly as we have our villa booked and really need to work around that.

Shelly130 - we are a group of two families so would not want to risk waiting until last minute, especially as this is our first Orlando holiday, don't think we could cope with the stress!

I have read a lot of negative reviews on Thomas cook however they all seem to be from a few years ago and people who have used them recently are much more positive. I suppose it just depends on individual preference really.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Babyham - I flew Manchester to Orlando in October 2012 with Thomas Cook airlines and we have no complaints whatsoever. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them again. The only thing I think they are missing in comparison to the likes of Virgin are the free drinks throughout the flight.

By rule of thumb, scheduled flights like Virgin will be released 11 months in advance, so if you are looking at late June 2015, your flights will probably be on sale late July early August this year.

Derby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Hi,

I am new to this but would like some help

I am looking to book to go to Orlando in August 2015 for a group of 7 adults and 3 children, i have had a quote from Thomas Cook for £11,800 which is for a flights, villa and 15 seater car hire, is this good or if i wait will i get a better deal with Virgin/BA with 11 months to go?

northern ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Ladybird H

we go in 2 weeks (staying for 20 nights) and i booked everything seperate (9 adults and 3 kids)

Our flights were £700 each (dublin - gatwick - orlando with BA) £8200 (6yr old slightly cheaper)

Villa 6 bedrooms in Davenport with pool £1730

15 seater with Alamo £1150

Total £11130 take my 2 extra adult flights off = £9730

£2000 cheaper if you do it yourself, but not alot of people like doing it and would rather its all done for them and then they dont have any worries. £2000 could get you a few park tickets though

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

I was also worried about the bad TC reviews, but we flew to Orlando with them in April and found them perfectly acceptable, just as good as Virgin.

Also, it was only £40 to book the exit seats, so we were first off the plane and missed all of the queues at immigration! Bonus! :-)

Derby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Lisamagill - thanks for that - it makes sense to book separately if you can save that much - how far in advance did you book everything?

Cooldude999 - what sort of plane was it with TC - alot of reviews state theres no back seat entertainment which i think we will need to keep the children busy for that may hours

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Hi Ladybird H. I'm not sure on the kind of plane, but there were screens that pulled up out of the armrest so there was still IFE. I can't imagine that any seat on a long haul flight would be without IFE these days.

Derby, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando Flights 2015

Cooldude 999 - i think i am being to cautious with booking for other people :) - I spoke to Cosmos who fly with Monarch and they told me they dont have IFE - so struck them off my list straight away! :)