We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney rumour!!!!!

Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Topic
Disney rumour!!!!!

My mate just got back from orlando 2 days ago and said for each of his Disney park visits he simply parked at "Disney boardwalk" for free then go Disney transport to the parks?? Never heard this before and it seems strange as they charge $17 a day parking....

Anyone wish to elaborate...

No he wasn't staying at a Disney hotel either!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

i asked about it the other month but was told its not quiet that easy im sure the experts will be along to explain why soon

Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

Oh right cool. My mate literally told me about it 10mins ago I was so shocked! He said it's easy and saved them loads!! I find it all too good to be true.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/…0

see if that link works

basically you have to go to a hotel then swap to another bus or monorail is my understanding

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

Parking at Boardwalk is for guests only,people attending conventions,people eating at restaurants there or visiting the Boardwalk.You have to go through a security gate to get in and if you havent a valid reason for entering they wont let you in.Also i believe they have a towing away policy for cars not authorised to be there.You are definately not suppose to park here just to save on parking.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 12:59
Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

He probably did but it doesn't make it right.

You are able to visit any Disney hotel, Boardwalk included, for the reasons quoted above including just to have a look around; Disney wouldn’t want to discourage a potential future guest now would they. You need to give a reason for your visit and show photo ID before the security guard will let you through the barrier.

If you’re not staying at that particular hotel it’s just like parking in your local supermarket car park and going to work all day. The supermarket will probably have a time limit on how long you can park there and you will get a ticket if you stay longer. In Disney’s case the limit is 3-hours and they may tow your car if it exceeds that time.

Your mate took a chance and got away with it, it’s up to you if you also take that chance but your car might not be there when you get back and the $17 saved may seem small in comparison to the fee required to release it

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

I agree your mate took a chance, maybe what he said we should take with a pinch ofsalt.Anyone that has vidited a resort know that Disney have security, what he did can't be done oherwise everyone would be up to it, use your commen sense please,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

I would NOT recommend anyone doing this. Definitely something they weren't supposed to be doing

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

sorry is boardwalk the same as DTD if so tehre isnt security?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
468 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

At Disney hotels you get 3 free parking to basically check the place out :-)

Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney rumour!!!!!

Didn't say I was planning on doing it did I? It was question....