We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

ATL
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

We are trying to decide if we should go to WDW/US at the end of July or the end of March. We're afraid US will be crazy packed since the new Daigon Alley will have been only open for 2 weeks when were there, but not sure if it would be any less crowded during Spring Break, either... does anyone know if there's any huge price differences?

TIA!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

I would go the end of March based purely on the weather.

There are no uncrowded times any more, but July has crowds AND miserably hot weather

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

Assuming you meant March 2015, Easter is early that year (April 5th) so if you mean the last week (March 30), that might be worse than July.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,810 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

If you can handle the heat, July. I would never go the two weeks surrounding Easter. Is August any good for you? Mid to end August will be a bit less crowded than July. US is just going to be crazy no matter what. If you stay on site there at the three original hotels you get unlimited express pass included (not for the Harry Potter rides).

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

The price is likely roughly the same since both of those times are peak season-they might even be higher for Easter. I would check the prices both ways. If you are okay with the heat, I would go in July since there aren't any major holidays at the end of the month. The end of March is peak spring break time in the US and its is also Easter Break.

ATL
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

The End of July or End of March are pretty much our options unless we wait until summer '15... was weighing the opening of Daigon Alley vs WDW/US during Spring Break right before Easter, along with whatever price increases the new year will bring... I guess I kind of think it's a tie, but if we waiting anyway might be cooler in March...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

I agree with the other posters that if your dates are in the week preceding Easter, I would avoid those dates and choose July. Otherwise as said, I'd pick March because it's not so sweltering. Crowd wise should be comparable.

pa
Level Contributor
54,437 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

What are the exact dates " the end of March" ?

ATL
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

I would try and go March 28th - Apr 2nd to leave before Easter....

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,810 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

The whole week before Easter is crazy busy (and the week after too, but the week before is worse).

ATL
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: WDW/Universal end of July or end of March?

We'll be at WDW 2/3 days, US, and maybe SW... so, you think the week before Easter will be worse than 2 weeks after Daigon Alley has opened?