We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA pre allocated seats

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
BA pre allocated seats

Hi all again

Well finally picked up our eticket and hotel voucher after a few hiccups by travel agent - long story !

I have noticed that ba have already ore allocated our seats but put my eldest son in row behing as being 12 he paid an adult fare.

Do I just wait until online check in opens to change this or as a blue exec club member is it worth calling them to see if they can go anything ?

The travel agent said they can't help.

Ger x

Johnstone
Level Contributor
562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA pre allocated seats

You should have a booking reference number go into BA & manage my booking put in the reference number & your surname and go to allocate seats from there you should be able to choose any seat on the seat plan . I just did it last night as we go next Saturday .

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA pre allocated seats

Hi just done that but they are charging me to re select seats ?

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,369 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA pre allocated seats

I thought you had to pay to select seats before on line check in - we did

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA pre allocated seats

I suggest you call BA.

Susie, I think it's different for the OP - the have been pre allocated as its a child travelling with an adult, but one of the sons has been regarded as an adult due to their ticket type. Families have a type of free seat allocation so the children are not sitting alone.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 07:50
Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA pre allocated seats

Thanks all for your help I'll give them a call to see if they can do anything,

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA pre allocated seats

They have allocated seats per the tickets bought as on row behind this would be considered sitting together. Not sure on the full makeup of your party but can an adult not use the seat behind.

Don't see why they would change but always worth a call.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA pre allocated seats

Hope you get this sorted, we are travelling with ba on 12th july, 7 adults and 1 child but I have to wait until 11th to book the seats unless I want to pay and do it now. Cant see any info stating we have pre allocated seats xx

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA pre allocated seats

We're travelling in October, 2 adults and 1 child and don't have pre allocated seats either. Perhaps it's something to do with it being a Thomson package? Let us know what happens Ger 😊

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA pre allocated seats

BA 's policy is for them to pre allocate seats if you have a family together however as my eldest is 12 we paid for adult fare hence why they I suppose out him in row behind.

I'll just wait till online check in and move them and if not will speak to BA at Glasgow I've coved not to get upset at this !!!

Ger x

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA pre allocated seats

I think you will find it is as said before seats behind are considered next to each other. Is the seating on your plane in just blocks of 3? If so personally I, when have choice, prefer to take 3 with 1 across the isle. I sit across with my wife in between the kids. If as you have allocated I'd put one adult behind, they will not care how you actually seat your party within your allocated seats.

Hope you get what you want.