We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

Well the best cash rate is now 1.689 so very nearly there. Were something like 15% higher than a year ago.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

I remember when it was $2 to the £ and everything was a bargain. I Also recall post crash 2007 I got my dollars at 1.39 and at that time was the best rate I could get ! I bought dollars a couple if months back at 1.65 and holding off to see if it reaches to the 1.70 mark

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

I remember the $1.30 too ppmaiden....we were in the Keys! That really hurt the pocket!!!

Level Contributor
515 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

Anyone know the best place to get dollars on the high street? Thomas cook? M&s,post office??

Level Contributor
238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

M&S were the best the other day and if you know someone with an m&s credit card they get a slightly better rate!!

I need to get mine in the next 2 weeks really. Not sure how much longer I can hold off...

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,492 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

M&S give a slightly higher rate for card holders and you can use your card to pay with no fee

I looked last night and it was 1.6678 which isn't any big licks

Better rates if you live in or around London - I suppose there have got to be some advantages for living in London lol

Level Contributor
515 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

I go in September and I'm holding off hoping it will keep rising slowly! Risky I know..

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

$2.40 the first time we were in Florida. Had to buy another suitcase to bring back all our goodies! I remember $1.30 too. :-(

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com

Try here Scottf717 to compare the best deals, often there's only pennies or should I say a few dollars of a difference.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,492 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

I've just booked some tickets for a golf tournament in Naples in November so will be interested to see what rate I get on my post office cc, I'm hoping for something around the 1.70 mark

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: So who is waiting for 1.7$ rate?

Scott if you take a look at moneysavingexpert.com's travel rate finder you will find a postal option that will get you can get higher, providing you want at least £750 free postage. Word of warning though these companies come with protection for your money, unlike a bank account. All the companies at the top of the list have been there for a few years and I get my cash often from the top one (but in person from their Hammersmith store), but the top one does not allow payment by card which lowers your protection further. Pays your money takes your chance.