We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
396 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Thought this might help others like me fathom out which qs restaurants people recommend......with thanks in advance

Linksmanmissy

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
396 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Ooh and what did you order!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

We always seem to end up in the same ones! At MK we like Peco Bill's and have had the burger but next time I'd like to try the taco salad. I didn't spot he fixin's bar till after I'd ordered last time and it looked really good!! At least there is a next time as we booked last night - woohoo! Also at MK I like the rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's.

At HS, we've been to Staring Rolls Cafe in the past but now prefer to do the Fantasmic Dining Package so get table service. And at Epcot have been in Sunshine Seasons but as the last couple of times has coincided with the F&W festival, we've just grazed. I don't recall us eating QS at AK but love the Harambe Fruit Market offerings - especially the jalapeño cheese pretzel.

Hope this helps

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,209 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Columbia House @ MK

Flame Tree Barbecue @ AK

Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot

HS, meh..

Plus loads of other places, you'll be spoilt for choice;-);-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Pecos Bill in MK! We ate there 4 times in 2 weeks. Pulled pork sandwiches, the cheeseburger and even the taco bowl salad are amazing.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 23:21
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,024 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Columbia Harbor House, MK

Pizzafarri, AK

Sunshine Seasons, Epcot

Big Pretzel and cheese for dipping in Hollywood Studios :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

Columbia Harbor House at MK-awesome chicken strips.

Main Street Bakery at MK-not quick service, but their chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches are amazing!

At EPCOT, try a snack at each country and just go around the world tying stuff. You can share with a few people and it is lots of fun(we like the bakery in Norway especially)

*We usually do character meals or bring our own food at the other parks so not too much experience there:)

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

The Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. I had the lamb shawarma plate and thought it excellent. My father gave a big thumb's up to the vegetarian plate.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
396 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

thank you all

there's some really good suggestions coming through that should prompt a lot of us newbies into looking them up and preparing before we go.

thank you - keep the suggestions flowing!

linksmanmissy

Boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

It really depends on what you are going for and what kinds of foods you and your family like. In my opinion, the best Quick Service locations are the ones with unique foods and atmospheres. Personally, I can't recommend Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom enough. It is QS for lunch (table service for dinner), and you can even get a fastpass so you don't have to wait! I am also a big fan of Pecos Bill's. They seem to have every condiment known to mankind (including hot cheese to make your own cheese fries!) as well as some really cool and hearty menu items.

Animal Kingdom is my least favorite of the parks to get meals in. Just a personal preference, but if I had to choose just one, I would also say Flame Tree BBQ. The smell is intoxicating, the food is good, and the seating area is incredibly relaxing. Not the biggest portion sizes, but they have fresh fruit, which is great in the Florida sun instead of fries.

Epcot you have no shortage of options. My recommendation is actually not to stop and eat at one place. There are SO many unique and delicious things to eat, I would suggest getting something at every country and splitting it. By splitting snacks, you'll save money and space in your belly, and you will get to sample TONS of things. My personal favorite is the bakery in France. Churros in Mexico is a CLOSE second.

Hollywood Studios is pretty basic in terms of your quick service options. If you need to beat the heat, duck into the ABC Commissary, one of the only indoor/air conditioned options. Pizza Planet over by the Muppets attraction is also nice and cool, with lots to entertain the kiddies. However, very limited menu. The Commissary has a large selection but it's all the usual suspects: burgers, chicken fingers, salads, etc etc.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can give you any more specific info!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which quick service restaurants do you like and why?

We mostly do table service (only 2 of us), but I have a few I like.

The ribs and chicken at Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom are really good. I had a chicken sandwich at Lottawatta Lodge in Blizzard beach that was really good. I also like the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom.

In a pinch, we will get a corn dog from a cart in the Adventureland area too.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 20:25