We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Pass +

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Pass +

Fast Pass Plus is new to me. Trying to figure out this system.

If I stay at Off Disney Hotel I have to wait until I get to park on first day to choose my three rides at kiosk. Correct? Do I have to do this each day at each park or can I pick my three choices for each day at once? Epcot, Wild Kingdom etc. guess I would need to have my scheduling set in stone to do this. No changes correct?

When I get to park do I have to use my 3 fast pass plus prior to using regular fast passes?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,780 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Pass +

If you stay off-site and buy your actual Disney tickets ahead of time, you can book FP+ at 30 days ahead of time. You must have "real" tickets in hand and create a My Disney Experience account in order to do this though.

If you wait until you arrive at the park on the day of your visit, you can only book for that day.

Yes, you can make changes as long as slots are left for you to change. Slots for popular attractions and at more crowded times of the year fill up and once they are gone, they are gone.

There is no more "regular" Fast Pass; the old system is gone. There's only FP+ now.

Please read my "top question" article on the upper right side of this page about FP+.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 18:54
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Pass +

Thanks for the info. I liked the old system. Why the change? I don't think we will like only three per day. We have always used multiple per day. I could never understand why people would stand in a long line when they could come back in an hour or two and go in the short line.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Pass +

Disney brought it in as they know when people use FP statistically they go away happy and hence recommend to friends to go. They cannot create more FP places for a particular ride, unless reducing stand by numbers. So they make it so that everybody gets some and if some left when you have used 3 you can get another.

I do get some people who knew how to use the old system to their advantage may have preferred it, but this is what we have now.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Pass +

Just to say....you don't actually need "real" tickets in hand to do the 30 day in advance reservations.

We booked ours through Disney direct, and picked them up at a Will Call kiosk, but with the order reference number I was easily able to link our tickets to the My Disney Experience app, and reserve all our FP's 30 days in advance with no problems at all.

We then picked our cards and magic bands up on our first day at the parks, and linked them all together.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Pass +

Thanks Kat

Now that I am NOT on my iphone and I can see posting on side.

Much clearer. LOL.

30 days

select my dates

pick my rides and times.

Change times at park if slots available.

Think I have got it figured out. Now I just have to wait 10 MONTHS.

Assume I can adjust times and parks from hotel by logging on to MDE when we arrive.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 01:48
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Pass +

You got it! And you can change your reservations anytime you want(at the hotel, day of, night before, etc.) Have fun waiting:)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,780 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Pass +

Oh, I agree completely about the old system back when they didn't strictly enforce the "one hour" window and let you come back anytime after your initial arrival time on the FP. We were often able to collect a mess of FP tickets in the morning hours when return times were very quick, then use them throughout the rest of the day and it was great and very handy.

Those days are gone forever, but at least you can now "reserve" specific slots ahead of time for very popular attractions and you don't have to be there and run to the attractions first thing in the mornings just to get any FP for it at all. This was a particular problem at both Soarin and Toy Story.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Pass +

For us the new system will work better. No more rushing to get a fast pass in the morning; also we are people who follow the rules and would not dream of attempting to amass fast passes and use them later in the day when the time had expired, but I guess that's just us.

Scally

9. Re: Fast Pass +

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:23