We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney souvenirs (best prices).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Disney souvenirs (best prices).

Hello! I was wondering, where's the best place for Disney souvenirs like shirts and figurines, etc. Even if there's a place outside of Disney, but relatively close by, that is fine. Thank you.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

On Disney property, the best place is probably World of Disney at Downtown Disney. It is a huge place and has most of the items they sell at the parks. But the best place to buy any souvenirs that are park-specific is at the park. We also like to go to the Disney outlet store at the Florida Premium Outlets. Its in Orlando so not really that close to Disney. They sell overstocked or retired items at deeply discounted prices. However, you won't find a T-shirt that says Walt Disney World 2014 on there though for example.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

There's a Disney Outlet in the Lake Buena Vista Outlets on 535 that is just off Disney property. Here's the link:

lbvfs.com/Orlando-Outlet-Store-Details.cfm…

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

For relatively inexpensive souvenirs check Wal-Mart & Target stores. They sell lots of licensed Disney stuff at prices half that of the parks. Lots of pens & mugs & clothing. I have a bunch of T shirts from there that I really like. The fabric is much heavier than what is sold at Disney. What they sell is of a different design than what is sold in the parks. One souvenir I bought in the World Of Disney Store that I keep getting compliments on is this: amazon.com/Disney-Mickey-Mouse-Auto-Emblem/d…

It was $7-$8 a year ago and I see a lot of people smiling when they see it. I also bought these: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Exclusive-Availablity-Non-Monetary-Skellington/dp/B00CAWWO7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403666148&sr=8-2&keywords=mickey+mouse+car+magnets

I gave away the small magnets and put the running Mickey on my car. Some classless sod stole it.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

The Disney Store Outlet is great for official merchandise. For unofficial merchandise the local Walmarts and Targets (especially the Target next to the Mall at Millenia) sell t-shirts, mugs, etc...

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

My Favourite is MOuseGear in Epcot Future World. Outside there are outlets in both premium outlet locations. If you want just anything then WalMart Target will always carry something.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

The Premium Outlet Mall has a discount Disney store-but not everything is discounted so read the prices. They have actual park merchandise that's an odd size.didn't sell,out of date,whatever but the stuff is just fine. What they sell at Target or WalMart is not authentic merchandise and while its cheap,its not Disney either

'

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

From the items I have checked, http://www.disneystore.com/ has the same prices for objects you will find in Disney stores.

That being said, going to the huge Disney store in Downtown Disney is an experience. Also, I highly recommend visiting The Co-Op, a new store at DD just a short walk from the World of Disney. They have more home goods items than the World of Disney, including a beautiful new line of dishware:

disneystore.com/lumiere-be-our-guest-dinner-…

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

seebeech: Everything I have bought at Wal-Mart / Target is 100% official licensed Disney merchandise. A Google of "disney, counterfeit & orlando" turns up no hits for merchandise, only tickets.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

All that I mean is that it is Disney licensed, just not Disney World Parks licensed. There is a difference between the two; small but significant because the items you buy at Walmart/Target are items available pretty much anywhere while parks licensed items can only be bought onsite at the parks or through the Disney Outlet Store. Personally it doesn't matter to me but some guests prefer park licensed products.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,450 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney souvenirs (best prices).

Only you can say what is suitable for what you want and/or who you are buying for.

As above, you just want to be aware that there is a difference between

1. Authentic Disney Parks merchandise made for and only sold at the Disney theme parks

2. Disney merchandise made for and sold at the Disney Store/online

3. And Disney merchandise licensed to be sold at places like Walmart and Target

Are souvenirs like t-shirts, toys, mugs, etc. available from all three. Sure. The same ones. No.

While you might find some overlap when it comes to things like toys, sunglasses, etc., generally, you are going to find different things from the different sources. For example, apparel and plushes will be different at all three. A Mickey Mouse stuffed animal would not be the same purchased from the Disney Store or Walmart than the one available in the park which will also have an authentic Disney parks merchandise tag. To me, despite all carrying the Disney name, only one of those plushes is "real" - the one from the park. For other things it doesn't matter in my mind. Again, only you can say.

While there are stores at each of the outlets which sell this authentic park merchandise with discounts available (and other times not), as said, they do not have the current or full line. What they carry are extras, items from events that have past, etc. By all means stop in if you are already there to see if anything interests you. But wouldn't make a special trip with sizes, styles, choice, etc so limited. You won't be able to count on finding what you want. So with that in mind the answer is there really isn't a place for the best price if it is the official merchandise you are after. The price is going to be the same throughout the parks. Though some places, like World of Disney at Downtown Disney or MouseGears at Epcot etc will be the best place to look in that they are large stores with most of the merchandise you've seen throughout your visit all in one place. Other items will be specific to the store or park or resort you are at.