We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

We have a 3 day park pass for our first family trip next month. Our girls are 2 1/2 & 4 1/2 & are princess obsessed. We are going to magic kingdom for 2 days & I'm between Epcot & Hollywood studios for the 3rd day. My husband has never been to Epcot & I think he would enjoy the world showcase. I was able to reserve the princess lunch in Norway too. Though, I'm second guessing myself & would appreciate feedback. Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Both parks have something for you and your family! I'd say HS is more of a "teen" park though with more thrill rides and shows like the stunts show and American idol. Even the muppet attraction is fairly tongue in cheek. It does have the beauty and the beast show though so if your kids are big fans it could be a hit. It also has the honey I shrunk the kids play area which even as an adult is pretty cool to look at!!

I'd say though due to the age if your kids and the huge assortment of what Epcot offers, I'd go there. Lots of things the young ones and the old ones will enjoy together. Plus you have the princess dining booked which is fabulous!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Hollywood is adding Frozen activities July 5 thru Sept. 1. If your daughters enjoy Anna, Elsa, Olaf, etc. you may want to stop in. Have you considered a park hopper? Perhaps 1 1/2 days at MK and a 1/2 day at Hollywood, plus your full day at Epcot.

Happy planning!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

With respect to post 2, see this:

http://tinyurl.com/ndcwzzu

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Not withstanding the post about Frozen, we found our 3 yo DD had more to enjoy at Epcot. If your DD's would enjoy character greetings there are plenty at Epcot including Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Mulan, Jasmine, plus others eg Mickey, Minnie etc. plus there are some rides the little ones can go on & various entertainments to see. At HS, DD enjoyed the Beauty & the Beast and Little Mermaid shows, plus Toy Story ride and Fantasmic but she wasn't big enough for a number of rides and wouldn't have sat through Indiana Jones. Found ourselves hunting for something she could do at one point that didn't have crazy lines.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
917 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

I would choose Epcot over HS. We did both with our 4 and 7 year olds, but if I had to pick it'd be Epcot. We had more fun there and felt like we left still having missed a lot - the World Showcase is so cool! There are neat rides in Future World that your kids will enjoy (Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Living with the Land) but World Showcase is just so much fun.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios has a Disney Junior show and Sophia and Jake are available for meet and greet, as well as the new Frozen area for the summer. But if I had to choose, I would pick EPCOT. Most of the princesses can be seen by walking around World Showcase and your kids are at a good age for many of the activities in Future World.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,795 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

Another vote for Epcot.

8. Re: Epcot vs Hollywood Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:17