We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Topic
Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

We are planning our Spring Break, 2015 trip, and because my kids love their pool time, we want to find a Disney resort with a great pool. We LOVE AKL and their pool area, but heard Beach Club may be even better. We thought the kids' pool activities were fantastic at AKL and want something similar. Thank you!

pa
Level Contributor
54,036 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

The best ? Some might say so because it is quite large, has a lazy river etc but we have found it a bit too large especially with younger kids, hard to keep track of them. The AKL pool is great, we like the Wilderness Lodge pools and the Polynesian pools as well ( both have two pools )

Kids will love any pool if swim time is your focus. All the Resorts offer fun pool time activities. I would make my choice based on the Resort itself and all the amenities, not just the pool

Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

Thanks partypa! Do all the pools have poolside food/beverage services?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

Kids are easy to please in this category. I would also pick on the hotel not just the pool.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,311 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

I think Disney's Yacht Club Resort has the best pool in all of WDW by far.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 19:23
Cardiff
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

We loved it and with the boardwalk on your doorstep, a day at the pool is like an event in itself.

I liked the way you have the slide and the lazy river for fun, and if you want a chill out you can go to the Yacht club end of the pool.

One thing that was a bit odd was how deep the lazy river was. However, its not a problem because there a lots of lifegaurds.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 19:59
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,116 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

Y&B Resorts share Stormalong Bay Pool area.

Yes its great.

Having stayed at most, (visited others) moderate & deluxe resorts, for our twins it is the best:-):-)

AKL & AKV pools are great:-) Wilderness Lodge also, but Stormalong Bay has the edge.

We have never found it "to large" & when you add in Beaches & Cream just a few yards away...well les just say, were never dissappointed:-):-)

Yes they have poolside drinks & snacks, with some very nice CM's wandering round serving you:-):-)

Oh, & the sand bottom is awesome:-)

Edited: 27 June 2014, 20:16
New Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

We LOVED the Yatch & Beach pool area! The slide is so fun and the sand bottom is super unique. I've never been to AKL so I can't do a comparison, but if you love pools and you want to try a new resort Yatch or Beach would be an excellent choice.

Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

Thanks everyone! I think the pool and the distance to Epcot may make it the easy choice for us. I loved how that whole area seems to kind of flow together. I loved AKL, but you're definitely isolated. Thanks again!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,311 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

>>>Thanks everyone! I think the pool and the distance to Epcot may make it the easy choice for us.<<<

It isn't just EPCOT, you can walk to the Boardwalk and Swan & Dolphin for restaurants and the Hollywood Studios is a short boat ride. If you have a park hopper ticket, being able to walk into EPCOT just for lunch or dinner is way cool.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does Disney's Beach Club have the best pool by far?

Yes Yacht/Beach club have the best pool area at Disney, after a hard day at the parks, that sand bottom pool is heaven. There's a quiet pool at each end. There were plenty of families with small children there when we've stayed, really no problem keeping track of them. If you have little ones, the kids pool is really nice also :)