We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do taxis cost in orlando?

Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much do taxis cost in orlando?

Hi so I am not planning on taking them everyday but would like to use them maybe 2-4 times. Are they expensive. I know they will rip me off though as a tourist so what should I expect is a good price. I've had taxis before in orlando once or twice but forget the price plus I expect prices to be more expensive after 5 years. Any locals know how much to expect to pay.

Gray Line Orlando
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Stone VIPS
Sightseeing Tours, Film & TV Tours
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,442 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

" Any locals know how much to expect to pay."

As with any location in any country, it depends on where you are going. Pick a destination & starting point and estimate your fare here:

mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/…

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

$2.40 per mile plus wait time

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

Expect to pay the fare + tip

texas
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

They have no way to rip you off as a tourist compared to people who live there. They have a meter that runs for you and me both, so no" ripping off tourists" as you put it.

dublin
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

you can make set price i use to get a taxi from inter dr. to the other end for 5 dollers so dont be afraid to bargain:)

Va
Level Contributor
11,496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

It is $2.00 fee once you get in plus $1 for each additional passenger. Then the charge is $2.40 per mile plus additional charges when you are stuck in traffic or sitting at lights. It is all metered so it would be hard for them to rip you off unless they didn't reset the meter. They can rip you off by taking the scenic route or by driving through traffic. With gps on your phone, it is harder for them to even do that.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

An example from the crown plaza hotel near universal boulevard (so not too far from wet and wild) cost us $ 10 to universal studios - that included the tip..... Taxis are reliable, and very clean .

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

Killjoy...."i know they will rip me off "....how do you know this ?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

10. Re: How much do taxis cost in orlando?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16