We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report arrival day

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
107 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report arrival day

Hi all !

Well finally arrived so here was our journey :

Did online check in and arrived at Glasgow two hours early as oh wanted a pint !

Bag drop not available and the queue at ba desk was an hour long !! Couldn't change our seats as flights full so the oh decided to sit behind our row.

Gla - lgw flight delayed for half an hour but we had time anyway. Was served full English breakfast for flight. Lovely cabin crew.

Arrived at gatwick to find that aircraft arrived at international stand so was bussed to terminal but had to go through security again

Went for some breakfast at a bar red lion I think and waited there till flight called.

Went to see the ba rep at airlines info to see if can move seats but she was playing a game on her iPad and didn't even acknowledge I was standing in front of her for five min ! She then looked at me without smiling and said "yes" ? I asked her about seats and she stayed she could not help and to try at gate then looked back on her iPad to continue playing ! What a waste of a woman !!!!!!

Anyway no big deal oh can sit behind - boarding went smoothly and we were just behind wtp pax. I'm glad I didn't pay to upgrade was not impressed with wtp but did notice they could play games on they consoles whereas us we didn't have that facility .boys received their ore booked child's meals which was great and cabin crew brilliant on flight .

Landed half hour late to land during a storm so had to sit on Tarmac for an hour

Anyway very smooth through immigration was selected to use kiosks collected luggage then Sergio from orlando transfers was waiting for us

- brilliant guy ! And he took us to rosen inn plaza in a big jeep thing def recommend him x

So it is now 5.30 am local time and I'm wide awake ! Need to get used yo this weird coffee in our room x

Ger x

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,754 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report arrival day

Good start to your hols Ger have a great time hope you get some sleep tonight lol

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report arrival day

Have a good day, keep us posted!

Ruislip, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report arrival day

Teddybearger good trip report. Start at airport a bit tricky, but it worked out in the end. Hope your body clock finally gets back online!! Enjoy your hols-look forward to your reports. NB its showering intermittently here in London 14 degrees - humid but not cold.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report arrival day

Hope you have a great holiday. Looking forward to reading all about it!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,947 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report arrival day

Have a great vacation in Orlando enjoy the magic.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report arrival day

ive been wondering if any food was served on a domestic flight early in the morning, we have a ba flight also from Newcastle to heathrow in oct , then off to jfk and down to mco.

Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report arrival day

I know the 530 wake up call only too we'll on holiday but it will get later as time goes on!!

Good trip report so keep them coming

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report arrival day

Wow - full English on your internal flight - what a good start to your holiday! Then you went for a second breakfast at the Red Lion? Start as you mean to go on, I always say!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report arrival day

You should of kicked the iPad out of the reps hand

Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report arrival day

BA rep playing on her IPad, what's that about!!!!!.....but then a full English on the internal flight. Never had that on a short flight. Great start.