We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

As newbies want to plan at least 5 days in Orlando for daughters birthday. Loves everything but I am not good with rides. I suppose that might be a bit of a problem! Am thinking November if I can agree the time of work/school. Would come for 2 weeks but spend rest of time driving around Florida and to Atlanta to visit friends. Ok questions ;

What parks good for 6 turning 7 year old girl?

Any suggestions to make the actual birthday day even more special?

What place to stay for 1 adult, 1 6/7 year old girl recommended? (Medium to low budget)

Any Halloween decorations still be around?

Is mum not being great at rides going to be a big problem?

If I am not spending all time at the parks but driving around for some of the holiday do I need to book everything separately?

Thank you.

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

Welcome to the forum

For only 5 days, I would focus on Disney World, 4 Parks, one each day, fifth day revisit your favourite or go to Downtown Disney, a Disney Water Park, chill out at your Resort, whatever

To make her Birthday Special, book a Character Dinner, go for a boat ride, cirque show, fireworks cruise

Would stay at a Disney Resort for sure. Moderate Resorts I would suggest having a look at are

Port Orleans Riverside www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

Coronado Springs www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3270962

What are your exact dates in November ? Might be into Christmas decorations already depending on your dates

It won't be a problem for your daughter to go on many of the rides by herself, some she would need an older child or parent with her but you will both have a lot of fun

Where else in Florida are you hoping to visit ?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

The vast majority of the rides at Disney are family rides that would not be an issue for you. The bigger rides she likely wouldn't want to ride or wouldn't be tall enough anyway. She would also enjoy Seaworld-mostly shows and animal exhibits so rides are not a problem there either. If she is really into princesses, a trip to the Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique would be fun! And don't forget to request a birthday button for your birthday girl!

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

Thank you, very helpful. Was planning the 8th to the 22nd November to miss the Thanksgiving time. I have friends near Fort Lauderdale I would like to visit. Also in Atlanta but that maybe too far. Currently struggling to find flights that are under £1,000 but will keep looking!!

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

The boutique sounds fun, thank you for the birthday button tip! Which park is that in?

Edited: 29 June 2014, 00:10
pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

If you could check in on the 9th, you would qualify for the Disney Free Dining Offer, a very good deal, must be booked directly on the US Disney Site, it is available to everyone from anywhere. With a Moderate Resort you would get the Free Quick Service Dining Plan that includes 2 Counter Service Meals, 1 snack and a Resort Refillable Mug, per person, per night of your stay. You can pay out of pocket for any Table Service Meals ( such as the character dining experiences ) or pay the difference in price to up grade to the Table service Dining Plan

More info if needed

Keep checking for those flights, I know others on the forum have gotten some good deals only a few months out, hopefully they will join in and offer some suggestions

BBB is located at Magic Kingdom and also at Downtown Disney. It must be booked in advance

http://allears.net/btp/bibbidi.htm

You can get a Birthday button at any of the Disney Parks or Resorts. You can have it noted on your Resort reservation and also any Dining Reservations you make, you never know what kind of Magic will come your way :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

Definitely go to the boutique in the Castle, it is really magical. They dress the girls up in a pretty princess dress and do their hair and makeup. They have a special sash they give to birthday princesses too. There is also a place to get photos taken of your princess(nice portraits) at one of the gift shops nearby too. She will be getting Happy Birthday's and compliments all day long! Many restaurants will give your daughter a free dessert if she is wearing her button as well.

7. Re: November trip to Disney for 7 year old birthday girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:17