We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

Hi everyone,

I'm after our collective thoughts on each companies flights to Orlando.

We always fly Virgin but premium economy seems unavailable (sold out?) for Aug 2015 already so looking at Thomson (Dreamliner) or Thomas Cook (not sure on plane but from stanstead)

Any experience with them and thought great fully taken :)

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

I have not flown TC but I have VA and Thomsons my experience with Thomsons wasnt good so I for one wouldnt fly with them again so for us its either VA or BA as we prefer Direct at our age.

My beef with Thomsons were using the Twilight check in at Gatwick was a complete waste of time as they still required you to turn up at 8.00AM the next morning to q for your boarding passes ,where as with VA you get them at twilight checkin making the following morning more relaxed.Also IMO the FAs on VA and BA were more professional than Thomsons .

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

We have flow with all three airlines to Orlando. This year we flew with Virgin Atlantic and in my opinion are the best out of the three airlines, their service is far better. Last year we went with Thomas Cook and were delayed by five hours on our return journey. Our experience with Thomsons was no better, they decided to down grade the flight and told us when we arrived at the airport. We paid for a direct flight and because it was a smaller plane we had to re-fuel in Bangor Main on the way!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

I've flown with all three and personal preference is...BA, -

though -

My top priority in booking any flight would always come down to price. The rest is icing on the cake.

All flights get you there and if you save a little money on a cheaper flight then it's more spendo ....

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

I've used Thomas Cook twilight check in but not for Orlando but Spain. For us it worked as we wanted, gave us enough time to grab some breakfast past security. We had a 5:25am (yes really that early) flight so not having to worry about dragging cases from the hotel and checking in was a godsend, especially as checking my wife in with a charter airline is always a pain as she has a French passport. For some reason they have to get a supervisor to authorise it and give us a special sticker! They often then take this sticker away at the fate, like you cannot buy a round green sticker with no writing on it from loads of shops!

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
271 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

We've flown VA and Thomson. I much prefer VA.

Went with Thomson last year on The Dreamliner, plane was great but Thomson constantly hassle you to buy things. On the flight home the lights were turned down for about an hour and a half, then they were back round trying to sell things again!!!!

Once you're on a VA flight everything is already paid for and they don't force feed you the duty free.

We're flying with VA August 2015.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

I have had two bad experiences with Thomas Cook and in the middle of filing a delayed claim. I am fine with short haul but could never do long haul again! What about BA? I have used them three times in s row and got some really good deals, virgin are also highly recommended.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

Emilysmum drinks are free on Thomson from late this year so they will probably lay off the hard sell a bit then! I find that when the drinks are free you see a lot less of the trolley lol

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

Only ever used VA and Thomas Cook going to Orlando. Had bad experience with Thomas Cook with them swapping planes, refusing the free drinks we had paid for and no entertainment (despite) not having paid extra for the premier seating.

Virgin were good going out but coming back were a bit of a nightmare as the staff were clearly not that bothered and were more concerned with dealing with the "proper high paying customers).

All that being said I would still like others go with either of them again if the price was right,

9. Re: Virgin or Thomson or Thomas Cook?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:17