We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
993 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

We are headed to DW in a couple of weeks! We did fastpass+ for Toy Story Mania as this is our family favorite. My 10 year old really wants to see Beauty and the Beast also. We saw it last time very easily with no waiting a few years ago in July. Is this still the case for a busy time of year?

Also, we have fast passes for the Indiana Jones show and the other Lights, Motor etc show because there wasn't a lot else we were interested in. Is that a mistake? Rode Tower of Terror last time and we won't ride that one again so that is out. Any other suggestions?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
993 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

Does anyone know the first showing time for the day?

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

The Disney website says its 10.30 in June / July and 11.45 in August, presumably due to falling cowd levels.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

If you queue for the first show of the day, you should have no problem getting into Beauty. Crowds increase, as the day wears on.

Enjoy!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

I agree-the first show will likely have the shortest wait time so you should easily be able to see the show without little wait.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
993 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

Thanks everyone. We will go to the first showing.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
882 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

We did Beauty and the Beast with no wait a couple weeks ago. In fact we walked in and sat down right as the show was starting. This was June 15. I wouldn't FP Indiana Jones as there are tons of seats. I'd FP Star Tours instead. We loved that and rode it 4 times (our longest wait was 35 minutes, later in the day it dropped to about 15-20).

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

I personally wouldn't FP any shows. They all have large capacities and you can usually stroll in 15 minutes or less before show time (especially Lights Motors Action - the stadium is HUGE).

I'd switch to Great Movie Ride and Star Tours, but if those are not of interest then I'd leave your choices as is.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
993 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

Ok. This is the info I needed. Some in our family (ok it's just me) can't handle the visuals on Star Tours. I think I will go ahead and fastpass it though and ditch the Indiana Jones one. I only FP the Lights Motor etc because I remember standing in line in the sun for over 30 min last time in July. It was awful. Not sure the FP line is any better??

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,222 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

Do you really need to see Lights, Motor, Action again? Once was enough for me...lol Even sitting watching the show, was so humid and uncomfortable.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios wait time

Was your experience with LMA recent? It was so difficult to get into the show when it opened, especially since they were doing bonus FP. In the past 7 or 8 years I have never seen a sold out show outside of Christmas and Easter.