We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

Hi everyone! Our family will be spending 9 nights at disney world in October. We were originally going to stay at Coronado springs resort, but after seeing pictures and reading Reviews about Caribbean Beach resort, We were reconsidering staying at Coronado Springs. We really want to nice pool and a beautifully themed resort. And another thing is, we noticed That the beds at Coronado Springs resort were queens and the beds at Caribbean Beach resort were only doubles.

Our family consists of 2 adults and 2 children (13 and 6) Is there Really much of a difference? We are really up-and-down between the two and need some advice on where to stay.

Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

Coronado Springs gets my vote, it has a more Deluxe Feel to it. The Queen beds are quite nice, the Pool is wonderful, as is the Hot tub. the grounds are beautiful, the theme relaxing and peaceful. We have stayed at both many times and as much fun as Caribbean Beach can be, it feels more crowded, the main pool has fencing all around it ( new since they rehabbed the pool a few years ago ) and feels too confined and there isn't a lot of shade, it is also located right next to the food court and gift shop, which adds to the crowded feel.

Coronado Springs has a nice solid door dividing the sink area from the room, that doesn't sound like a big deal but comes in very handy, especially with a teen in the group that may want a bit of privacy :)

There are a few forum members that continue to say the food at the Food court is awful, I honestly don't understand what they are talking about, we enjoy the Pepper Market as well as the other 7 dining and quick service options available

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3270962

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

Thanks you're review was helpful:)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

I'd pick Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside over both of those.

CSR is a convention hotel and it feels like it. Pepper Market is arguably the worst quick service location on property.

Caribbean Beach is the largest moderate and you could be walking far to central locations or waiting at bus stops.

Really every WDW hotel is great, but I'd pick POR FQ first, then POR, the CBR, and I wouldn't stay at CSR ever again because Pepper Market is so terrible if you want quick serve options at the hotel.

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

We've booked Coronado Springs for 2 weeks over Christmas and New year. We visited both CSR and CBR on our last trip in May and decided that CSR was definitely the one for us - from the reviews and the 'feel' of it. The food court looked great - so I really don't understand some of the negativity around it either.

We stayed at POFQ for 2 weeks Christmas/New Year 2012 and honestly don't know what the hype that surrounds it and POR is all about! There are much better properties IMO and whilst SSR remains our fav, I'm certain that we'll love CSR!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

Like anonymous stated "every WDW hotel is great". There are pros and cons to every / any hotel. If you have "buyer's remorse" you will be focusing on the negatives and not enjoy it. I've stayed at POR, FrenchQuarter, CBR and AllStar and I have had a great time every time - there were all a bit different. You have to review what you are looking for. We spend our time in the parks from opening to closing. We come home to sleep. We rarely use the pool, We use the foodcourt for countrer service breakfast only and I think it is the same at every resort and park (C/S breakfast) from POR to Seasons in Epcot. If your loooking for amentities, CSR looks like the one for you. If serenity, themimg and peace and quiet after a day at the parks then CBR is the one. You really cannot go wrong with either one.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

Coronado Springs is much nicer than Caribbean Beach, in my opinion. The theme is awesome and the Pepper Market is great!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

No see I'm another one that wasn't impressed with the Pepper Market. We've stayed at all the moderates over the years and POFQ is the only one we have returned to.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

I live in a foodie town - Charleston, SC - and I'm also pretty weight/body conscious, so if I'm going to go full throttle for one high-calorie each day on my vacation, I want it to be worth it.

When it comes to fast food, I'm a pretty easy date - McDonalds and Papa Johns pizza delivery are well worth the calories every now and then.

That said, Pepper Market did not work out for me AT ALL. I'm not being a snob, and I know it's food court food (which is fine with me), but the food in Pepper Market is bland, and one of the most disappointing meal experiences I've ever had at Disney. I stayed there a week and only ate there on the first evening.

Tastes are different, and if you just want a quick meal that's kid-friendly and not particularly tasty, than that's great. But I've had better microwaved gas station food.

9. Re: Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:17