We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Flights Orlando

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Booking Flights Orlando

We are returning next September 2015 usually go through travel agents but trying to cut out middle man my question is will it be cheaper to book only a few months in advance or book as early as posssible once flights released do you have to pay full amonut up front ? Want direct flights only not the worlds best flyer taking off once is about all i can cope with there will be 7 adults and 1 under 2 travelling

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Flights Orlando

Yes you have to pay the full amount of flights up front if you book them yourselves on an airline website. I would not leave it until a few months before you fly to book flights as Orlando is a very popular destination. VA and BA usually have sales a couple of times a year (in fact they both have one on at the moment but flights only available until June 2015), so you could wait for a sale. We got tickets for this October in either Jan or Feb this year in a VA sale. However, as you need 7 seats, I really would book as soon as you can (flights will become available to book this October for September 2015) if you are happy with the price. Have a look at Sept 2014 prices to get a rough (very rough) idea of what you might have to pay.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Flights Orlando

Hello

Many thanks for your reply what price have you paid? I need to get best price as i will be paying for all 7 seat.

Best wishes

Sue

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Flights Orlando

It depends who you want to fly with charters and schedules price things differently and their sales are so opposite. I think september is very low season and there will be plenty of late deals with charters but with schedules it will be different. You do have to pay upfront with flights although if you are booking with travel republic as a flight and accom (holiday) you can pay a deposit only until nearer the time.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Flights Orlando

If you are going in the middle of September then I would wait until May 2015 and start looking then, its quiet and they are often offering deals for that period. The best deals we have ever had have been September.

Have a bench mark of say £500 or whatever you are prepared to pay and when the price hits that book it, that's what we do.

5. Re: Booking Flights Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16