We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Hi everyone.

I'm going with my family and the In laws next April. We want either 3 bed villa or townhouse with private or splash pool. We'd like the resort to have a holiday feel rather than residential and would like it to be close the disney within 10 minutes. My inlaws really want at least one large community pool, and a bar area. We'd like a play area and childrens pool area. We've looked at windsor hills ,paradise palms and reunion. Any others you would recommend as I can't seem to find much info on the amenities at other communities, i.e bars.

Thanks in advance

Leanne

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Bump

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

I'm sure emerald island has a bar at the community pool. Although we stayed there a couple of years ago we never made it up to the community pool as we were at the far end if the resort and had a large private pool.

Its a great resort location wise and we've booked for next year and as we've done it privately I have booked a villa very close to the community area.

There were play areas scattered around but it was so hot and we were so busy in the parks we used the villa for down time and never walked to them.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Thanks jobelly I'll have a look there. I have heard good reviews of emerald island before about it being a pretty area so I'm definitely interested. I'll go and have a look on home away :)

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

HIghlands Reserve will have what you look for, including the townhouse option

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Hi Derek

I actually looked at highlands reserve and it looked like it didn't have many facilities on their website. I couldn't see any mention of a bar although thinking on if there is a golf course I should imagine they have one, but would anybody be able to use it? Also it look a little bit further out that we were looking at. Is it closer than I thought? I'm new to this villa thing, normally stay I site, so have absolutely no idea about the communities around disney.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

You could look at terra verde resort just off 192.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

You could look at terra verde resort just off 192.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Emerald Island Resort has a Tiki Bar, I have rented a Townhouse on the resort a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed the whole place :-)

Tom

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

Thanks Jon I'll have a look at that too. It does look a lovely place Tom, anyone any experience with paradise palmsi think it's a fairly new place.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa/ townhouse resort with a bar

The townhouses I saw at EI didn't have splash pools.

TBH, after a day at the parks, I dont want a bar. I want a drink or a glass of wine in my villa by the pool or with my feet up in the LR.