We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Day 12 we arrived at Seaworld for rope drop. Found this park very laid back. Didn't seem to be any of the hustle you find at all the others. The crowd levels we low, all rides we more or less straight walk on which was a blessing.

Shows are great, love the sealion show, dolphins not so much.

Onto yesterday!!!? What a day!!!

Started the day with Magic Kingdom, arrived for 8am. Managed quite a few hides before it started to fill up... Space mountains my favourite. First fastpass started at 11;30, after all three were done the park was heaving so decided to leave around 2:15.

Then had a couple of hours at Aquatice until the rain started so packed up and a called at Black Angus Steak House foe dinner.

By now it was 6:30. As we were only around the corner we decided to have the last few hours at IOA, best decision ever.

Son wanted to see if Harry Potter had reasonable queues and I fancied some Butterbeer. As we walked around the corned we saw Hogwarts Express open, OMG, got in the queue, only 10 minutes.

It was amazing to say the least. When we arrived at Kings Cross we walked down the street, looked in the bus etc, photos galore.

Diagon Alley- you wouldn't believe it was there. You enter through the 'brick wall' - I was speachless. It's enormous with shops galore.. The detail is fantastic with nooks and crannies everywhere. The dragon... I happened to be stood underneath it when it breathed its fire.. Thought my head was on fire. Knockturn Alley is there also... Amazing!!!

I simply cannot put into words how truly fantastic it is.

We wanted to ride Hogwarts back again so left at 9:20. The ride there and back are different so if you can make sure you do both!

Got back to hogmead at 9:50 and to top off our magnificent day managed to ride forbidden journey.

Yeah!!!

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

OMG how lucky are you Ann it sounds fantastic can't wait till October so excited So there loads of little details then to see I bet the shops are great Hogwarts Express so it's different each way then I bet you took lots of pictures Now on to the rest of your TR Seaworld Clyde & Seamore is my favourite too did you go on Antartica I like the penguins Sue

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

I know Sue, I'm still buzzing. Think we may go back this afternoon and try our luck again... Only going to typhoon Lagoon today, was going to pack tonight but that can wait, lol x

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

And sorry, yes went on Antartica 4 times , loved it. X

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Hi Ann your holiday seems to have gone so quick but I know it's longer when your actually there Glad you liked Antartica

Yes I would try again to day You can say you have been one of the first visitors to Diagon Alley Did you go in some of the shops more to the point did you buy many souvenirs ha ha Sue

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Went In all the shops.. Kids bought wands, chocolate frogs, Bertie every flavour beans. Journals, feather quill pens, glasses etc etc.

spent a fortune x

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

So good did you try one of the ice creams loads of flavours to choose from Sue x

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,292 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Wonderful TR boy loved your planning get to the park early for rope drop and ride everything you can then Fast Pass your done and leave when it gets busy Ann that was just perfect enjoy the rest of your trip.

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Didn't try but looked gorgeous... I was sucking on a frozen Butterbeer all the way round. I love it x

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

So excited Hubby just got up off nights I've read your TR to him if you go back today and it's open you can try one I'm going to buy loads of keep sakes from the shops and lots of sweets

We got Honeydukes fruit balls in a jar last year and each week me hubby and son have one so it's like a count down in weeks to when we go ha ha

Edited: 04 July 2014, 13:42
Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barnsley TR days 12 & 13 OMG Diagon Alley

Great idea I'll keep an eye out for them x

It's really topped off a fantastic holiday can't believe how lucky we were x