We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
998 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

We will head to Jamaica after our Disney trip. I just saw that the Magic Express leaves 4 hours prior to our flight time. This seems really excessive. We are departing on a Sunday in July though. Should we just get a cab? Isn't getting to the airport 2 hours prior to flight plenty? If we leave our hotel (Wilderness Lodge) 3 hours before doesn't that seem reasonable? We will have boarding passes etc. so what is the big deal? Please advise me.

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

If you don't want to use Magical Express, you don't have to.

Your fault if getting through security takes too long doing it on your own, but of course you can pay for a cab.

The bus only picks up from any one location at certain times.

But we checked in for our flight at OKW and gave them our luggage. Got the M Express. Next saw our luggage at Edinburgh airport, Scotland 2 flights later.

For that sort of 'no hassle' system, I'll happily use the 4 hours system.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,800 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

For international flights you're "supposed" to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight, which is why they are picking you up 4 hours ahead. They don't want to be responsible if you were to miss your flight. It's certainly up to you if you want to take a cab, but for me, I'd rather sit around the airport early, knowing I'm there in plenty of time :)

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

We were picked up 3 hours and 45 minutes before a domestic flight back to NY. We were the first stop of many!

It took about 45 minutes to get everyone and start the trip to the airport.

Usually international flights tell you to arrive at the airport 3 hours before although it isn't always necessary!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
936 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

We were at WL a couple weeks ago and left from Orlando straight to Cancun, so a similar scenario. Our scheduled pickup was 3 hours before our flight departure (Magical Express mush have missed that ours was an international departure) and we were comfortable with that, so we stuck with it. We made a couple stops on the way and got to the airport 2 hours in advance of our departure time, already had our boarding passes and baggage was checked in at the WL, so it was easy and we had plenty of time at the airport. If you don't like your pickup time, just call Magical Express. There's a number on your envelope. You can leave WL on a later departure.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,080 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

It's an international flight and the rules are that you should be at the airport 3 hours prior to the flight to get checked in and go through security. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport if you are the last pick up so 4 hours is very reasonable. The lines in Orlando International can be horrendous so I would certainly be fine getting there, getting through and still having a little time before the flight.

Donna

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

Check in for international flights is 3hrs before flight time. The magical express can take an hour as you may have to pick up from other hotels. When we were picked up 4 1/2 hrs before our flight and arrived at the airport just before the desk opened.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,905 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

It is a little strange this 3 hours thing in some cases:

Were on an indirect flight so in effect the first flight is domestic. If the check in is supposed to be 3 hours then how is the stopover of around 2 hours considered OK? We will be checking in at OKW anyway for this will be way more than 3 hours!

I'm not saying the 3 hours is wrong or that the pick up times are wrong just that the whole thing is a little strange.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

In Orlando, security lines are horrendous 365 days a year. We have arrived on ME two hours before our domestic flight, headed directly to security (no luggage, or stops) and almost missed the plane.

If you are on an international flight, be at MCO three hours in advance, period. If you would rather pay for a cab, feel free to do so.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

It took us an hour to get through TSA last October. We had planned to have a meal in the Hyatt in the airport but in the end, only had time for a quick burger in Burger King. I would most definitely get to the airport 3 hrs before your flight.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 00:01
10. Re: Magic Express 4 hours prior to International flight???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:15