We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

We have booked Orlando again for next year! (If you read my earlier posts you will already know) 21 days at Coronado Springs! However we have now also booked a 3 night Disney Dream Cruise to the Bahamas half way through our holiday!!

Even more excited now... Just got to work out what extra spending money we need and sort transfers out. Can't wait to get planning our itinerary even that part is exciting!

Has anyone been on a Disney cruise before? Need to read up on some forums as I know NOTHING about cruises and how they work with spending money/dining etc etc!

Can't wait to be back where I belong

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,657 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

Go to www.cruisecritic.com , TA's sister site where you will find both 1000's of cruise reviews and a section called Boards similar to the Forums here. You can read the Boards, but will have to register as a user to post questions( takes just a second to do). They also have section called Roll Call where you can interact with others going on the same cruise. sometimes the cruise lines throw a meet and greet party on the first day for Roll Call participants. You will find a wealth of information on Cruise Critic- all your questions will be answered.

Bon Voyage!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,237 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

Have a look on Cruise Critic as they will have reviews on there. Sorry but I haven't been on a Disney cruise. The only cruise I have been on was a Carnival cruise and unfortunately I did not enjoy it one little bit!!! I couldn't get to grips with the motion of the ship and felt as if I was still at sea days after getting off!! If I remember rightly all food and soft drinks were in with the price of the cruise but I think we had to pay extra for alcohol. Hope you have a good cruise experience.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,694 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

Lulu is right. Cruise Critic is your best source of information. Start here and be sure to check the roll call for your intended cruise. boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

If you need the contact information for a good, local (Central FL) cruise travel agent, PM me.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

We have been on several Disney cruises and they are fantastic! The food is awesome and so are the shows. Our favorite part about Disney cruises is Castaway Cay though. It is the best beach in the world in our opinion. Have a great trip!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

Disney Cruise Lines is the BEST! Even if I'm not taking kids, they are my "go-to" lines. Their ships are gorgeous and the service is awesome!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

I'm in the minority, however I really dislike "cruise critic". It is difficult to navigate, less than helpful (often mean spirited) responses, and frankly I found much of the info to be completely inaccurate. Feel free to PM me, if you have specific questions and are having difficulty securing answers.

You will love your Disney cruise.

Happy planning!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

Disboards has a DCL forum which I think is good. And I will second Travelfan's generous offer to be available for PM's if you have questions we can answer. I've only been on 9 Disney cruises but have spent about 2 1/2 months total on Disney ships. :-) And loved every minute of it!

Sussex
Level Contributor
953 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

We went on our first disney cruise last November- it was amazing! Loved every second and so relaxing. Castaway cay is gorgeous,

Enjoy!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

where did you book it and how much roughly id love to book this for our visit

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couldn't resist... (disney cruise)

i cant edit my post. just found it after a while searching but now i have additional question (sorry thread jacking but is related) is dinning included? i cant see it mentioned in anything but when you go to confirm booking but then it doesnt state what type of dinning is included and if its all inclusive etc

any one know?