We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food in disney and other questions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
food in disney and other questions

hello, looking for some general help.

my wife, little girl and i are going to disney in september. we wont have enough money to buy food each day in the park. does anyone know if you can take food in to the parks?

also, how much are the toll roads from the airport to disney?

i've looked on a few sites and haven't been able to get a proper answer to this, do disney do a 2 park ticket? we're only doing the magic kingdom and animal kingdom. is it a case that we have to pay on the gate for each park? is there a charge for parking at disney or not?

thanks in advance!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food in disney and other questions

You can bring food into the Disney parks, we always do. You just can't bring in rolling coolers, large hardside coolers, or glass. We have two small backpack coolers for a family of eight that we pack water, sandwiches, chips, carrots, and cookies to bring everyday and snack on trail mix we bring. It works quite well and we save a lot of money. Disney does sell multi day tickets, ranging from 2-10 days. You can either buy a base ticket which allows you admission to 1 park per day on your ticket or a park hopper, which allows admission to multiple parks per day. Disney does charge for parking, it is $17 a day. But if you park hop, you only need to pay once. Can't comment on the tolls, usually have the magical express to Disney.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food in disney and other questions

Assuming that the info I've been given is correct then tolls from Sanford are ~ $7.50 and from MCO ~ $5. In both cases you need 75 cents to throw in cash collector at the last toll booth.

Also can't take straws and plastic cups into Animal Kingdom - maybe other restrictions because of the animals. You can check online.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 16:20
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,695 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food in disney and other questions

If you only plan to attend one full day at Magic Kingdom and another full day at Animal Kingdom, you can save a slight bit of money by purchasing a "Magic Your Way" 2-day theme park admission ticket for each of you.

A one-day ticket to MK is $5 more than the other parks would charge, so buying a 2-day MYW ticket instead of daily one-day tickets will save you a little money.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food in disney and other questions

1. Yes

2. It depends if you use the North or South exit out of the airport. The North Exit is only about $2. $5 sounds close for the south exit.

www.expresswayauthority.com

3. $17 a day to park at Disney.

4. Can't help with muti-day passes, but I'm sure the Disney web site has plenty of info on that one.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: food in disney and other questions

Yes, you can take food into Disney parks.

From MCO to Disney I'd recommend the South Exit route for 417 South. You'll have to stop twice to pay. It's $3.00 total. Exit off of #6 for International Drive and stay straight right into Disney....But where is your hotel?

With the exception of 1 day tickets where Magic Kingdom is $5 extra, Disney does not distinguish between the parks for ticketing. With a multi day ticket (2-10 days available) you simply choose which park you want for the day by using it there. Buying the number of days you want as one ticket will be cheaper than separate daily tickets.

Parking is $17 unless you are staying at a Disney owned hotel and driving yourself or have an annual pass that includes parking.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food in disney and other questions

If you do decide to purchase a meal, say fast food, at a Disney park, please know the portions are quite large, and can readily be split between at least 2 people in most cases. I hate wasting food, and my teens and I used to split one fast food meal between 2 people all the time. The suggestions about bringing in food can certainly help you save some $$. Happy you and your little family are coming over to visit Mickey! Happy planning!!

7. Re: food in disney and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16