We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

I have been planning our first trip to WDW and have received so many helpful tips just reading these forums. Now I have a question... I thought I had all our park days planned out (arriving Sept 13, 2014), but after reading easywdw crowd calendars I am thinking about switching our MK and AK days. I had ADR for Tusker House and cannot get one if I switch days. I would really like to do this character meal as I have some princess meals scheduled for DD6 and I think my DS3 would love this one. We are a family of 5 (me, DH, DD6, DS3, and DD18mos)... when looking for reservations for the potential new AK day, I am able to get a reservation for 4 people, but not 5. Can I reserve as 4 and not count the baby? Could we just pull up a high chair at the corner of the table? Or she could even sit on my lap? I don't want to do anything that would come across as in poor taste, but I would really like to secure a reservation at the Tusker House. I will, of course, keep checking for openings. Just wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether or not I had to count the baby.

Thank you all for your help!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,963 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

You do have to count the baby :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

Welcome to the forum

Don't make yourself crazy looking at crowd calendars

Don't change up your Park days

Keep the ADRs you have

September crowd levels are about the same every day, at every Park, lower and easy enough to manage the whole month

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

You don't have to count the baby at all. The crowd calendars are just guesses anyway so I wouldn't switch days. And Tusker House is an awesome experience!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,963 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

Yes you do have to count the baby, there has to be room at the table for the high chair :)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

You absolutely have to count the baby. It's not only a space at the table issue, it's a building occupancy and fire code issue.

Disney doesn't just make up rules to make people's lives harder. Whether the baby is on your lap or not, they need to know the proper number of people in your party.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

Sorry about my mistake, you do have to count the baby, but you don't have to pay for them.

Atlanta
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

Thank you all for the help. It sounds like I should just keep our schedule as is. Much easier that way anyway :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

Tusker house character breakfast was awesome, a highlight of our recent trip. The waiters arrange for each character to come to your table and visit your children and the food was fresh and delicious.

9. Re: Tusker House ADR- party of 4 or 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16