We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February

Hello!

We're trying to decide between a trip at the end of February or end of April. Both weeks look to have low crowds, but my boys would really like to swim! Is it generally warm enough to use the outdoor pools in February? The weather sites show such a wide range of temps, that it isn't very helpful!

Thank you!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February

Feb. weather is iffy, if swimming, water parks, etc. are important, go the end of April :)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,576 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February

I think princess is right and it would be better to go in April as the weather should be warmer.

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February

I would also go end of April, weather is lovely and the Spring Room Discounts will be nice :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February

If you go in April, you will also be able to attend the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, which is one of the highlights of the entire WDW year:

https:/…

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,808 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in February

I would go in April.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in February

I know it's warmer in April, but it sure is nice to escape the Minnesota winter in February!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in February

Another vote for the end of April if swimming is a biggie! :-)

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in February

I truly don't want this comment to seem sarcastic, because it's not. Really! :-)

You say that weather sites show a wide range of temperatures and that that isn't helpful to you. It's not the answer you want, but it is an accurate answer. The temperatures can be very variable.

We were there a couple of Februarys ago. The week we were there, my wife and I weren't comfortable in the pool but my kids sure were! Daytime high temps were approaching 70 degrees.

But one week before we were there, there was near-record cold. Cast members at our resort told us guests were walking around the resort wearing their bedspreads wrapped around themselves because they didn't bring cold weather clothing with them.

THAT is how variable the temperatures can be in February. And that is why you can't receive a single number, if you want an accurate answer, that is.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 03:35
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in February

Yep, CleveRocks is all too correct. As I mentioned on a similar FL winter weather thread, our winters are typically wonderfully mild. They can even have hot spells. But it can turn cold for a few days too, and it seems tourists are never ready for it, bless their hearts! Can you say, "sell those Mickey sweatshirts"?? LOL And for whatever reason, our cold here in central FL can feel WAY cold when it does happen.

I always tell folks visiting in the winter to be sure and bring their tee shirts, shorts and swimsuits. But to be SURE to bring a jacket, and long pants and/or clothing to layer in case it turns cold. Better to be prepared unless you really want a closet full of Mickey sweatshirts and sweatpants! ;-)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in February

I've lived here most of my adult life -- in February, you could see anything from frost to highs in the 80s....even in the same week.