We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

Hi everyone,

A friend and I will be staying at the Rosen Inn 7600 International Drive for a week at the end of August. We won't have a car, but don't want to be dependent on the hotel shuttles so plan on buying a Lynx bus pass for the week. When we booked it looked pretty convenient to Universal, around a 40 minute walk or so (but given the heat realistically we won't be doing the walk, at least not in the afternoons or every day). Now, however, when I was doing the trip planner for the route on the Lynx site/google maps it looks like it will take over 50 minutes by bus with 3 transfers! Can anyone that has stayed here and used the bus or knows the area let me know if there is a faster way with less transfers? Maybe there's a different stop nearby that we could walk to that has a more direct route? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, since we will be arriving late at night and want to hit the ground running the next day, I thought of buying the passes online. Do they just activate on the first trip we take?

Thank you!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

I stayed at this hotel in April & used to get the shuttle in the morning & take a taxi back. The taxi was approx $10 with tip. I've no idea about buses, sorry, as we used a car & shuttles. I guess you could take the I-trolley to Wet 'n' Wild & walk to Universal from there, would be about 15 mins but may feel a lot longer with the humidity.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

Taxi!

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,990 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

On-line trip planners are invariably very poor tools producing irrational results

To get right into Universal by bus involves ONE transfer. Take a northbound 8 or 42. Get off at Grand National Drive (two lights after WetNWild). Cross over Int. Drive and take 37 from the stop opposite. 8 is every 15-30 minutes; 42 and 37 are every 30 (hourly Sundays). Minimise wait time by using the schedules to plan.

Or you can take bus 8 or 42 to Universal Blvd and walk it from there - about 15-20 minutes on foot.

You may find the detail here more useful than the unreliable on-line trip planner tool: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland… I recommend a thorough read. There are links to the schedules pages etc. And, yes: a LYNX pass begins its validity the first time you use it.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 08:19
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

Thank you so much for the info! I figured there should be a faster way. I'll give those pages a thorough read and print some schedules to take with us.

Thanks again!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

I stayed here in May and we got the number 8 I think from outside or near abc liquor which is opposite the hotel. Then you get off at wet n wild which is just 5 mins down the road and walk about 10 mins to universal. It's really easy to do, we got the lynx and the iride as the routes are the same!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

I stayed here in May and we got the number 8 I think from outside or near abc liquor which is opposite the hotel. Then you get off at wet n wild which is just 5 mins down the road and walk about 10 mins to universal. It's really easy to do, we got the lynx and the iride as the routes are the same!

7. Re: Bus frRosen Inn Int'l (7600 Int'l Drive) to Universal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16