We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to do an evening at MK or not ??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
to do an evening at MK or not ??

Hi, I guess this is a million dollar question !!! ;-)

We have done Disneyland Paris 3 times with Character Meals/Breakfasts every time. The kids (7&8) now know there is someone inside the costume LOL !

My question is do we spend the money on MK just for an evening ? (Fireworks etc)

We only have 5 days in Orlando, then 2 in Clearwater (December).

We have planned:

Day 1) Free Day with Airboat Ride, Marvel Universe Live evening show.

Day 2) Epcot,

Day 3) Animal Kingdom,

Day 4) Kennedy Space Centre,

Day 5) Shopping then drive to Clearwater

Day 6) Busch Gardens

Day 7) Clearwater Marine Aquarium & Boat Ride

Day 8-15) Antigua !!!!

ps the kids are a little too short for the rides in Universal and not really into Harry Potter etc so we've left those parks out !

Thanks for any help xx

Cambridge
Level Contributor
461 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

Animal Kingdom should be a short day so you could go to Magic Kingdom that evening.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

I think it's well worth it, especially in December when it's all Christmassy, why not book Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party for one of your evenings, go onto the Disney website to read about it.

I'm sure you and your kids will love it. Plus it's worth seeing MK even if you have been to DP as there's so much more to see & do at WDW MK. :0)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

I hope this link works for you : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/search/?searchQuery=mickey%27s+very+merry+christmas+party&autoSuggestedQuery=mickey%27s+very+merry+christmas+party&typeOfLink=suggestedTerm

Edited: 10 July 2014, 11:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

No, sorry didn't work, ignore last post, I tried to edit it to remove it but couldn't - :0)

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

I second Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

http://allears.net/tp/hol_mk.htm

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

Wow, I'm so glad I posted on here now ! thank you so much :-) I'll book that in advance xx

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
806 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

Perhaps on a future visit you might consider trying the Hollywood Studios at night in December. The Christmas lights display is absolutely fabulous.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

You'll be so glad you booked the Christmas Party. I would also suggest you at least consider going to Hollywood Studios the evening you return from Kennedy. The lights display is absolutley amazing...even had my DH aka Mr. Cranky Pants in awe! :-)

9. Re: to do an evening at MK or not ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:17