We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MagicBands, FP, My Disney Experience questions....

Level Contributor
971 posts
Save Topic
MagicBands, FP, My Disney Experience questions....

Can't believe that it's been 10 years since we've been to WDW....but actively planning our 2015 trip! and so excited! Although I've kept up on a lot over the years....and am pretty confident in the parks attractions, etc. themselves....there's so many new resources and internet information to read up on.

Two of the biggest items that I'm trying to collect info on and to get a good understanding on is

1) the MagicBands/new FP system/program and

2) the 'My Disney Experience' app (that needs to be set up before getting there?....and to use while there?)

Looking for summary of these 2 items. THANKS

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MagicBands, FP, My Disney Experience questions....

Read through this for starters

http://allears.net/tp/my-magic-plus.htm

Yes, you can set it up before you go, yes, you will use it while you are there :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MagicBands, FP, My Disney Experience questions....

The highlights of the new system are as follows: everyone who stays either onsite or is annual passholder receives a Magic band that serves as park ticket, works the fastpass system, photopass card, and credit card. You can also buy them at the parks if you are offsite and wish to have one. The fastpass plus systems allows you to book fastpasses either 60 days out if on property or 30 days out if offsite. You can book up to 3 for one park per day and once those three are used, then you can book more one at a time. You book your fastpasses using the My Disney Experience site. Once you purchase tickets/make a hotel reservation/dining reservation and you have set up an account, it will all show on this site. That way you can use your phone to view and modify all your plans on the My Disney Experience app.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MagicBands, FP, My Disney Experience questions....

Read this thread, for everything you need to know about the Fast Pass+ system. Understand that the system is still evolving and specifics can and will change.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1954828-i20534-k7…

Happy planning!

4. Re: MagicBands, FP, My Disney Experience questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:15