We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is August really the best time to book?

Mineola, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
is August really the best time to book?

Went in February on our 1st trip to WDW and it was a dream, of course. So much so that my daughter and I are going back this next February. Recently heard that the month of August typically has the best promotions. Any truth to this rumor? I've googled but cant find anything on the subject, so I'm looking to the pro's ;) Want to make sure I book our winter vacay at just the right time...

Thanks so much in advance!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is August really the best time to book?

August is good but many of the schools are still out for summer break, so I prefer September - all schools are in session so the parks are about as empty as they get (especially during the week), the deals are good, and the weather can be slightly better - we got a cool spell last year - and the promotions are usually still pretty good.

The best deals are before Food and Wine starts, but the problem there is that you're missing it! I usually try and go in mid-September and if I miss F&W, book another trip so I don't miss it ;)

Mineola, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is August really the best time to book?

Thanks for your reply (: I dont think I clearly worded my question... Is booking in August for a February trip our best bet?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is August really the best time to book?

I would wait for the promotions to come out before you book and then you can book your vacation as soon as they come out. Not sure if the best ones come out in August or not, most likely. Have an awesome trip!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is August really the best time to book?

We always go in January so we would be part of the same promos, they typically come out in the fall here is a link with all the past promos and dates they were released

mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-wa…

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is August really the best time to book?

August is typically the month when Disney releases the "full price" packages for the following year. It has nothing to do with promotions. Winter promotions will be released later. (see the link WeLove posted)

There are different theories about when to book. We book as soon as the full price packages are available, to insure that we secure the resort and room category we prefer, and are able to book our dining at 180 days + ten. When the discounts are announced (which can be after the dining booking date), we simply modify our reservation. All promotions have a limited number of rooms at each resort that will qualify for the discount.

Happy planning!

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is August really the best time to book?

In my 10 years of studying Disney World travel, I've never known August to be a particularly special time to make travel arrangements. Various promotions are announced at various times of year. When one is announced, grab it if you like it; the promotions always have an expiration date.

Mineola, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is August really the best time to book?

Thanks, y'all! I now have a game plan and I owe it to you all (:

Wish we were there already!

8. Re: is August really the best time to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:17