We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal sharing

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Meal sharing

I have a 3 year old that eats next to nothing. Just wondering if we do a character meal does DD have to order her own or can I just let her share with me? We are not doing a dining plan. I know we could not share at a buffet (I don't like buffets and try to avoid those anyway) just wondering if we make reservations for 3 if they will want her to order something.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal sharing

Most character meals are buffets and you'll pay the child's price for a 3 year old. If it's a restaurant off a menu, then, of course, ordering something for them or sharing is your decision. They can't make you order something.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal sharing

They will have no problem with sharing at a non-buffet restaurant. We do this quite a lot with our 6 and 8 year olds. We order one adult meal and they share it, it allows them to branch out from traditional kids meal fare.

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
635 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal sharing

I am not aware of any character meals that are not buffet. This is also why you read on TA that people review the character as much as their food. You are not paying that much for food you are paying that much so that you are not standing in those character lines all day sometimes in the Florida heat. You are paying for the experience and the interaction with the character. If you do not agree with what I am saying then you will not enjoy the character meals. You will feel that you have wasted money if you can only see the cost of character meals as being for the food. You may wish to consider fast pass for character meet and greets rather than rides.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal sharing

Character meals are charged per person, whether you eat or not. Your 3 year old will be charged the regular children's price.

Most character meals are buffet. Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus, O'Hana and Garden Grill character meals are served at your table.

Happy planning!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,378 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal sharing

You will be charged a child's price for your daughter whether she eats anything or not. The character meals are mostly buffets;a few are all you can but you ask for seconds(CRT is like this;the meal is pre plated but you can have all you want). We would never go to a character meal for the food;we love Chef Mickeys and the food is good but we go there to meet with Mickey and his pals.

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meal sharing

Ugh. I hate buffets. At least CRT is plated. I guess we will be paying for food that she won't eat but we are going for the experience not the food. Honestly the last time we were at Dianey I didn't care for much of the food anyway but did enjoy the character experiences.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meal sharing

We love dining at Disney, however it does depend on where you dine. The four seated character meals I mentioned above, actually have pretty good food.

If you are looking for a wonderful dining experience, we find food and service to be excellent at every Disney signature venue (except California Grill) however, there is not a character in sight. (which is the point)

I'm with you on buffets; truly hate them and rarely partake. The one exception is Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. It has excellent food and we love the unique character experience. We dine there on every trip.

Happy planning!

8. Re: Meal sharing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:16