I’m an Aussie who will be staying in LA for a month before I travel down to Orlando on November 10th. I’ve been to Disneyland Anaheim quite a few times but this is my first time down to Disney World, so excited. My friends and I will be staying at Art of Animation for a few nights and then moving to Port Orleans Riverside for a few nights before moving onto Universal.
I have a bunch of questions so I will try to break it down in to points. It's regarding extra persons, moving from hotel to hotel within Disney property, ticket purchasing for myself and a friend, ticket purchasing from Australia and whether or not I should get the magic band sent to me in LA before I fly down to Orlando.
1. I will be staying in LA at a residence for a month before I go to Disney World, is it worth me ordering my Magic Band earlier and sent to that address or should I just wait until I check in? Should my friends (they both live in the US), also order their magic bands earlier?
2. I will be buying myself my ticket (4 day park hopper) and then separately, purchasing my friend her ticket (2/3 day park hopper). We both have Disney.com accounts. Will I have trouble purchasing these tickets for separate names and also any problems purchasing these with an Australian based Credit Card and a non US address? Have any other Aussies used Undercover tourist to buy tickets from and if so, have they had trouble purchasing from outside the US with a non US address? I read they send out paper tickets. Also, should I stay logged into my account and purchase both and then give the ID number to her and get her to link hers through her account?
3. I’ll be moving from Art of Animation to Port Orleans Riverside. Is this going to be a problem moving between the resorts ie. catching the free internal transport (any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated), but also luggage storage Art of Animation after check out and before check in so I can enjoy a park in the morning and then checking in later on in the day? I’ve read that Disney will actually transfer your luggage for you if you’re moving between resorts?
4. As long as Disney are aware that I have extra people staying in my room with me my friends shouldn’t have any problems with checking in to my room when they arrive a few days later should they? Even though the room is under my name?
5. Can anyone give any advice as to which buildings are the ‘best’ to stay in in Art of Animation and Port Orleans re: food court and bus/boat station access? Should I call up the week before and see if these rooms/buildings are available and check my reservations?
6. State of Downtown Disney - because we will be staying at PO Riverside is Downtown Disney worth a visit? I plan for us to have a 'day off' from the parks on the Saturday to chill out and enjoy the resort but will give this area a miss if it's not worth a look at the moment as I know it's a construction site at the moment.
7. As for airport transfers, how do you book Magic Express? I’m guessing I just login and book online through my Disney account or should I call? Also, we will be staying at Cabana Bay has anyone used the airport transfer from there? I also heard somewhere that if you stay at a Universal resort you get 'free' front of line passes?
Sorry, I know a lot of questions but thanks all and ANY help would be appreciated!