We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tower of terror!!!!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
frl
united kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
tower of terror!!!!!

I have been to disney 5 times and not once had the courage to go on tower of terror, is it really bad? do you drop down far?

UK
Level Contributor
250 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

Well, I love it, it is one of my favourites. You do drop unexpectedly and you do drop quite a few times, but I think it looks worse than it is. Your stomach does end up in your mouth, and I always scream, but I scream on everything. Go on, give it a go!

frl
united kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

without giving to much away for the people who dont no what to expect, does it drop down far or it just seems thats what happens

UK
Level Contributor
250 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

No, it does drop quite a way, I'm afraid.

swansea. uk
Level Contributor
510 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

On my first 3 visits to Disney I wouldnt go on the ride. Stood outside on many an occasion but bottled it due to the size of the ride and the screams.

On my fourth visit I plucked up the courage to go on it and now I LOVE IT. Best ride at Disney. Get on there you wont be sorry!!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
788 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

THE BEST ride, it drops abit, but when they open the doors....well, say no more......you're missing a great ride!! My favorite. :)

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

Its a big, big drop, I could tell you in feet if you really want to know. Did it first trip, and there were 2 drops, 2nd time they had added several more drops (about 6 in total) and I decided that was my last time. Now they've made the number of drops random and they've removed the bars and put in lapbelts! We all gave it a miss this time. If you go onto the disney website and look it up it'll tell you about it in more detail. Don't want to put you off but it is quite intense. However, I am absolutely terrified of heights, but as its inside this didn't really bother me. The only time you see out over the park is at the very top when the doors open. Its quite an awesome sight actually. Its one of those rides you really should try at least once but I'm not doing it again.

cupertino, ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

Count me out on going on the Tower of Terror when we visit Disneyworld in September..I'm the biggest wussy around!

Belfast
Level Contributor
851 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

Oh go on it It is absolutely fantastic.

It is one our favourite rides. First time on is such an experience.

Go on it please!!!

Oh and I see they are building one in Paris Great news for us UK people.

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

keep in mind that there's ALOT more to TOT than the drops....the "hotel" itself is a masterpiece....the special effects you'll encounter are probably some of the best that Disney's ever done...there's a reason why so many people rush there every morning!! :-)

give it a try....

Level Contributor
101 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tower of terror!!!!!

Dave R in the last message hit the nail on the head. I was surprised how much more to the ride there was than the drop. And the drop is nothing compared to those drop rides they have at Six Flags and the sort. It more reminds me of the 'Frog Hopper' ride for little kids but just on a little bit bigger scale. My 4 and 5 year-old were tall enough to ride it and loved it. I'd put it up there in the top 10 Disney rides of all time.