We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Brantford, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

I am heading to Orlando on Monday and I see that the weather forecast is all thunderstorms. Will these storms last all day? Or will they be intermittent? I am just hoping that our entire week will not be ruined. Thanks in advance.

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Plan on hot and humid. As far as the storms, they "typically" don't last all day. However, it is possible as you are going in the rainy season. Just be prepared for the fact that it might be raining and don't let that ruin your vacation. Still lots to do in and around Orlando even when it's raining.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

"I am heading to Orlando on Monday and I see that the weather forecast is all thunderstorms."

Your forecast should have said CHANCE of thunderstorms.

Will these storms last all day? Or will they be intermittent?"

They will be scattered and probably last no more that 1 hour, possibly less and possibly not at all. As clhircock said, this is the rainy season, so be prepared.

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Which is typically rainier? June or July?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Here are the monthly weather averages (precipitation & temperatures). You be the judge. www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

Edited: 12 July 2014, 14:29
Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Not sure what to make of that!

The thunderstorms don't bother me anyway. I think they're great fun.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Here now not as wet as last July but typically raining around teatime. Had a couple of thunderstorms some lasting most evenings. Daytime is hot and humid. Certainly not affecting our daytime plans at all.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

Be very, very careful during thunderstorms. Florida is the lightning capital of the United States, Because of the frequency of electrical storms, our state leads the nation in fatalities and injuries caused by lightning.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

It's hot and humid with thunderstorms for an hour or two in the afternoon/evening. I can hear the thunder outside my window right now (it's 3:30pm.)

As recommended by a PP, go inside during lightning. Other than that, it rains often enough that it doesn't shut down the theme parks. Some rides can't run during lightning storms but there is usually plenty to do inside. Some people even plan to head back to their hotel in the afternoons to rest or take a nap during the storms so they can return to the parks in the evening rested up and ready to stay out late. Make sure to pick up ponchos when you get here and keep them handy while you're touring the parks. They are way cheaper off park property such as from Walmart, Target, or a grocery store.

9. Re: Orlando's Current Weather - Anyone there right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16