We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 weeks until departure - itinery

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
12 weeks until departure - itinery

I have finalised my itinery for my holiday to Orlando in just 12 weeks and wanted to know if there's anything that people would advise changing.

I will be visiting with my Daughter who will be nearly 3, my Mum and Dad. My Daughters Godparents will be joining us two days into the holiday.

We are staying in Kissimmee at a villa that I have rented through a work collegue.

We have hired a Fullsize SUV Gold Package through Alamo, hoping to get a Chevrolet Tahoe.

We all have 14 day Disney Ultimate tickets and 14 day Seaworld 3 park tickets.

This will be my Daughters second time in Florida after our visit in October 2013.

Monday - Day of departure LGW - MCO, arrive 17:10. Drive to villa to decant luggage then go to Walmart to stock up on food items for villa.

Tuesday - Aquatica.

Wednesday - Shopping Day / Chill at the pool, collect Daughters Godparents from MCO at 17:10.

Thursday - Seaworld, Dolphin up close tour 09:30, Clyde & Semour show 13:00, Shamu One Ocean show 15:00.

Friday - Disney Magic Kingdom (Green crowd levels), hoping to book FP+ Peter Pan's Flight, Meet Anna & Elsa, unsure of a 3rd choice.

Will leave around 4:30-5:00PM as MNSSHP

Saturday - AM Shopping Day / Chill at the pool, PM Downtown Disney

Sunday - Disney Animal Kingdom (Amber crowd levels), main interests Finding Nemo the Musical, Wildlife Express train and Killimanjaro Safari.

Monday - Typhoon Lagoon

Tuesday - AM Shopping Day / Chill at the pool, PM Tour at Chocolate Kindgom

Wednesday - Disney Hollywood Studios (Green crowd levels), hoping to FP+ Disney Junior LIVE on Stage, Toy Story Midway Mania, unsure of a 3rd choice. Leave shortly after Character Palooza!

Thursday - AM - Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table just me and my Daughter, hoping to FP+ meet Peter Pan prior to breakfast, The many adventures of Winnie The Pooh after breakfast then leave. PM - Shopping Day / Chill at the pool

Friday - Disney Magic Kindgom (Amber crowd levels), hoping to FP+ Pinocchios Daring Journey, meet Areil, unsure of a 3rd choice. Leave around 4:30-5:00PM as MNSSHP.

Saturday - Aquatica / Typhoon Lagoon depending on which my Daughter prefers.

Sunday - AM - Helicopter Tour over Seaworld.

PM - Shopping Day / Chill at the pool

Monday - Seaworld, may get a quick queue pass if the standby queue for Antartica Empire of the Penguin is unreasonable.

Tuesday - Disney Junior Character Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine as a surprise for the 6 of us. May FP+ one thing before leaving.

Any last minute shopping before heading back to the villa to collect our luggage. Flight home 18:15.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,742 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

Your itinerary looks fine. I especially like all the breaks that you have built in, but remember to stay flexible.

I'm just not sure about taking a 3 y/o on the helicopter tour over Seaworld. They are quite noisy and it might be too intense for a small child.

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

I wondered that myself Vic, it's one of things she's requested to do, it's not a desire of my own.

I plan to stop by one on IDrive in the evening on our way out to dinner when she's asleep and speak to the staff, if they express their concern over her travelling I am confident she will forget about doing it with all the other exciting things we're doing.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,742 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

"I wondered that myself Vic, it's one of things she's requested to do, it's not a desire of my own."

Children will ask for a lot of things without knowing what's good for them and what's not. That is where you as her mother come in. FWIW, I was on a helicopter flightseeing trip in Alaska a few years ago and the woman on the far right rear seat was "holding onto" the middle person's arm so tightly, I wondered if it would cut off his circulation. Like I said, it is intense.

Oh yes, helicopter rides are expensive.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 20:23
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

Obviously they wear ear defenders, I wouldn't partake in one if they didn't supply those.

I have found a 7 minute tour over Seaworld for $35 per adult and $25 per child. That isn't expensive for the lasting memory in my opinion.

Will see what the staff advise and take it from there, thanks for your help Vic.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,742 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

"That isn't expensive for the lasting memory in my opinion."

No it isn't and it's a lot cheaper than my 1-hour trip in Alaska over Denali National Park.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

A couple of wee things on your FP+ plans - I don't recall being able to FP meeting Peter Pan but things may have changed since my last trip and also Pinocchio's Daring Journey is in Disneyland so might be a bit of a hike!

Hope you have a great time :-)

Edited: 12 July 2014, 21:32
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

There isn't a Pinocchio ride in Magic Kingdom?

A colleague at work advised me that my Daughter would love it, she knows I'm going to Florida. Maybe she means another Pinnochio ride.

I will have to rethink the FP+ selections over the next 8 weeks. Any ideas what I can substitute it with?

I will keep Peter Pan as one and keep my fingers crossed they will offer Fastpass+ for it in

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

No, there is no Pinocchio ride at MK as far as I am aware. As Vic says, although you have a good itinerary be flexible and be prepared to alter things around if you need to.

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

I have as backups for FP+ Enchanted Tales with Belle, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Space Ranger.

So in addition to meet Anna & Elsa, meet Ariel I have 1 selection remaining if Peter Pan isn't available when I choose them at the 30 day mark. Any recommendations?

Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 12 weeks until departure - itinery

If you are planning on meeting Ariel then maybe also FP Under the Sea ride? Or Dumbo the Flying Elephant? Given your daughter's age she would probably enjoy either of these.