We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports in Orlando

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Sports in Orlando

What sports are available to see in and around Orlando first week in Oct 2014 ,MLS ,MLB,NBA,NHL not fussy really

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports in Orlando

University of Central Florida (UCF) football http://www.ucffootballschedule.com/

Too early for NBA (Orlando Magic)

Stafford, England...
Level Contributor
274 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports in Orlando

I was thinking about this, first time to America for me next year but I'm going in may? Thanks

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports in Orlando

NBA - Orlando Magic play at the Amway Center but their season doesn't start until the end of October

NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Jacksonville Jaguars (looks like Tampa will be playing away games in early October; Jacksonville plays the Pittsburgh Steelers in Jax on Sunday, October 5th); if you can't make it to a game plan to spend a few hours in a local sports bar to soak up the energy of the crowd enjoying Sunday or Monday night football

NHL - Tampa Bay Lightning start playing the second week of October; the local minor league team is the Solar Bears but their schedule doesn't start until mid-October

MLS - no teams in Florida this year; Orlando City is the local team (will enter MLS in 2015) but their 2014 season ends in mid-September

MLB - Tampa Bay Rays regular season ends in September; will have to wait until then to find out Postseason schedule and whether there are any games scheduled nearby tampabay.rays.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=tb

College football is huge here in the US. If you get the chance I highly recommend going to a University of Central Florida game while you're in town. Can be even more fun than a pro game because of the college atmosphere. http://www.ucfknights.com/

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports in Orlando

Cheers man ,anything over at Tampa ? Have a car and would travel ., would there be any pre season Magic games ?

Edited: 14 July 2014, 18:30
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports in Orlando

In Tampa, check Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) preseason schedule. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL) will be playing away then.

Depending on your exact dates, you can keep an eye on Orlando City Soccer. They are the defending USL Pro champions and currently in first place by 10 points. This year's final will probably be last weekend September/first weekend October based on the regular season schedule. If you return in 2015, they will be in MLS which does play regular season games into October.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports in Orlando

"Cheers man ,anything over at Tampa ?"

Ask on the Tampa forum.

"would there be any pre season Magic games ?"

That might be a possibility, but I don't know if the 2014-15 schedule has been released yet. …realgm.com/nba/…schedule

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports in Orlando

I would definitely recommend catching a college football game. To me, there is really no comparison to a Saturday college gameday atmosphere. UCF is definitely a great time, another option, although farther away and a little more expensive would be the Florida Gators in Gainesville. A couple hours drive from Orlando, but would be an amazing experience.

8. Re: Sports in Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:17