We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme parks

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford, England...
Level Contributor
271 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Theme parks

Right so my plan is 9/10 nights orlando, I have began to look into the parks and various prices websites, and wow it's expensive! , this is the rough order of my must parks busch gardens, Islands of adventure universal, sea world , animal Kingdom Disney, discovery cove, universal studios, which I guess covers most? So I looked at a attraction tickets direct as most people say it's a good website, I looked at a ticket which covers discovery cove swim busch gardens and sea world £178.00 sounds ok (ish), but then that misses universal and Disney, so I looked at there deal together £430 ish, however with me only being there 9/10 nights chances I won't see all Disney parks and maybe see each park only once, so what's best to do? 178 + 430 over £600 per adult for me and my girlfriend, wowwwww I must be able to do it cheaper? Cheers

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme parks

We just booked out tickets for all Disney parks, 2 Universal parks and Seaworld. It came to a total of approx $700 if not slightly under once all the conversions were put into place but you have to think is it the only time your going to visit? If so then it's worth it :) To make it cheaper maybe cut out some places or buy like 3 day passes. It's sometimes cheaper to buy a package rather then a 1 day ticket especially at Disney.

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme parks

Many will advise that ''you cannot do it all''. Disney is 4 parks and 2 water parks; Universal 2 parks; Seaworld.

Busch is a good journey from Orlando.. You need to decide what you want from the parks - nothing like them in UK,

Scotland
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme parks

You can't fit it all in, so decide whether to do "Disney", or "non-Disney". From your list there's Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, and if you mean only one Disney day at Animal Kingdom, then that's 6 days taken up, without any rest days. Disney has 4 big parks plus 2 water parks.

You can buy single/2 day etc passes for Disney at the gate so, bearing in mind you're mentioning more "non-Disney" than Disney, I'd add up the price of the various combinations to do everything non-Disney, then maybe take a day or two at disney once you're over there, if you feel flush and feel you're missing out.

Stafford, England...
Level Contributor
271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme parks

1. Definitely looking for some brilliant rides

2. My girlfriend loves animals zoos etc

3. Water Park is a must

4. Also I looked at boggy creek (obviously this would be a seperate ticket),

5. I have never been to Disney before so I think it would be great to see it.

So from what I can gather the nest rides are universal parks sea world Busch gardens and animal Kingdom? So that would take 6 days + a water park I guess that's 7? . I think if I got a Disney pass it would be a waste as I probably wouldn't visit 6 parks and maybe only 1 + a water park, any advice is much much appreciated , booked my flight tonight aswell! Officially going

Scotland
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Theme parks

Discovery Cove Ultimate Swim Package gives you DC, plus Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch for £223

Universal 2 park Bonus Ticket gives you both Universal parks for £110

Make it the 3 park Bonus Ticket and you add Wet n Wild for an extra £9

A single day ticket for any Disney park will be around £100 (maybe a little less) at the gate.

So for change out of £450 you get the bunch, but only one Disney day. You can chop nearly £80 off if you don't want to swim with dolphins while at DC.

I'm a coaster fan and the OH loves animals, Busch meets both demands BTW. In fact you might want to go twice it's that good.

The above prices are from floridatix. There are other websites too, but it gives you a good idea of what ticket combinations you can get.

Stafford, England...
Level Contributor
271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theme parks

Thanks alandfee, great to know we're pretty similar then, I can't see me doing to many Disney parks, also not sure about discovery cove due to price. Like you say so many combinations so I'm sure I will be able to suit my needs. Btw do the tickets get delivered to our home address in UK if we order online? And is it like a card or actually tickets? Thanks

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
879 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theme parks

Hi Ben, some websites like attraction tickets direct and floridatix sell actual tickets but some sell vouchers. You can usually tell as the ones who sell actual tickets shout about it on their website! Real tickets save time and hassle exchanging them at the gate. I found good ticket prices at travel republic so check them out too. They all deliver to the UK and lots are based in the UK as well so easy to call them with questions.

If I was you I would skip Disney- in fact that is what I'm doing when I go as I don't feel we have time to do it and we are going for 14 days! its a lot of money to pay for a day or two at disney and you'll have plenty to fill your time with the non-disney parks. You could always go to downtown Disney for an evening if you wanted to experience it a little without forking out for tickets. I'd save the money and use it on the dolphin swim at DC if you partner loves animals!

Edited: 16 July 2014, 07:51
Stafford, England...
Level Contributor
271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theme parks

That's interesting that you gave chosen to skip Disney Eniele, tbh Disney is adding a lot of cost on I guess? I'm not booking tickets nearer the time anyway so I guess I will see how spending money is at the time!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theme parks

You could check someone like undercovertourist and just buy tickets for the number of days you want at each park.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Theme parks

i had exactly the same problem just paid £600 each for EVERYTHING. you have listed the best way with a Discovery Cove Ultimate £178 and then Universal disney Combo.

if yout not fussed about doing all the Disney parks then i think its best to do as follows

Discovery Cover ultimate £178

Universal 3 Park £131 (-£10 for a 2 park if you dont do Wet n Wild)

Single Day Pass to Disney £60 ($100)

total = £369 (£359 no wet n wild) each

you can get a 9days for the price of 7 at disney for £251 so an extra £190 each