We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

had just about booked up for the DoubleTree, 2 wks from 26th July and became unwell.

Still not great, it must be said, but following the utter emotional pain of the last four months for me and my daughters since my wife and their Mother died, I feel I really must get the girls out to Florida for a very needed vacation/recovery. So, called Virgin and they advised that holidays have all gone for that hotel ( gutted ). Tried Thomson and a few others and same thing all around ...

So, I am calling on all of your collective expertise to help me throw together a smashing holiday for me and my two daughters to depart on the 26th July, returning on the 9th August. This must include a good quality accom along i-Drive ( no villas, thanks ), 14 days Disney Tixs, Orlando Flex Plus and Hire car, with fully inclusive insurance. I know that I am asking a lot, but feeling as 'off' as I do at the moment, I know that I will struggle to put it all together. Want to fly from Gatwick, as only 15 mins from where we live.

I will be eternally grateful to your wonderful efforts on our behalf :-)

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Are you set on IDrive? Have you thought about a Disney hotel!?

What's your budget? Happy to help! We always book direct as way cheaper.

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Just looked and All stars music disney hotel comes out at £1143 for your dates. You obviously need passes on top of this. Caribbean Beach (moderate disney hotel) £1767.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Check out the BA website they have some good prices at the onsite Universal hotels to start with.

Sorry to hear about your loss

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

I would have thought that you would be better trying a travel agent, as they will have access to flights and accomodations. I am sure that everyone would want to give you advice of all the best places to stay etc but only an agent will be able to put it together for you at this late stage if you dont feel upto trawling round the different websites.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Sorry you’ve had such an awful time recently.

I’ve had a look and while Virgin and Thomson’s don’t have any holidays left to your chosen hotel , Doubletree at Seaworld, British Airways have flight+hotel available for £5207 for all 3 of you for your dates.

Thomson’s have 4 seats left for flight only to Sanford on your chosen dates at £2892 for all 3 of you (sorry I don’t know your daughters ages so classed you all as adults)

British Airways flight only is coming in at £3729 for all 3 of you so may be cheaper to do the flight+hotel.

Virgin Atlantic wants £3879 flight only to MCO for your dates for all 3 of you.

Trivago have the hotel above for £106 per night via lastminute.com for your dates but again don’t know if you would want 1 room or 2.

Once you have your flights and hotel booked you can then try Alamo Brits (or others) for car hire and FloridaTix (or others) for tickets but you may need to pick these up in Orlando due to the short timescale.

Sorry if none of the above suit due to budget but there are options available to you.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Had a look at Skyscanner for your dates, that came out a £770 per person on Monarch.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Budget of £6k to cover everything and would prefer a stay on i-Drive, not elsewhere ...

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

Have you got a Thomas Cook shop near you? We always get great deals in there. I would recommend staying at the Rosen Plaza on I-Drive (if it's available), we stayed there in April and it's a fantastic hotel, very close to Pointe Orlando and a short drive to the theme parks.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

ITM it's all getting to you isn't it - what was once an enjoyable task has turned into a painful trip down memory lane

But don't despair I'm sure it will all come together - can't help with hotel as we always rent a villa

Have you looked at a package with BA or Virgin or how about Travel Repubic that would save you a lot of homework and research or if you want to book separately we got a good deal for flight and car hire with BA for November and bought our tickets from Florida Tix

Hope you get sorted - chin up 😎

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help ( SCAN60, Susie, USLovers, Partypa, anyone ?? )

ITM you posted a deal Virgin had put together a week or so ago, has that now gone?