We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mall for teenagers

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dakar
2 posts
Save Topic
Mall for teenagers

Hi everybody,

I am planning to go to Orlando this summer with my family and I'd like to see a concert .

Since my two teenage daughters are not interested, I'd like to know the best mall in downtown Orlando for them to hang out (with a theater and food court).

Thank you in advance

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
123 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mall for teenagers

There isn't any malls downtown. There're two plazas across from executive airport which is relatively close to downtown. Depending where you'd be staying best choices are florida mall, millenia mall or premium outlets on i-drive. If the girls are interested in science and astronomy then Orlando Science Center could be a nice alternative and it's not far from downtown at all.

Dakar
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mall for teenagers

Thank you Agaaaxxx for your reply.

However florida mall, millenia mall or premium outlets do not a theater. I found Winter Park Village, Altamonte Spring and Festival bay mall, wich one do you think is the best ? There is also the "Dowtown Disney" but is it safe to let them go by theirself ?

Thank you again

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mall for teenagers

Where are you staying? Disney is about 30 miles from the Altamonte Mall. Winter Park Village is an outdoor mall. There is very little in Festival Bay right now. Citywalk has a theater. Pointe Orlando has a theater. Downtown Disney (not Orlando) would be a good choice.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mall for teenagers

Also, what time is the concert? Most malls close at 9 or 10 PM and most concerts I've been to go on later.

Places like Downtown Disney are generally quite safe and there are a lot of people around. I'm not sure I'd leave a 13 or 14 year old there, but maybe depending on the kid. Downtown Disney has a movie theater and a new bowling alley they might like. It also has Disney Quest, with lots of arcade games and other stuff.

I supposed City Walk might be an option, although it's got much more of an emphasis on clubs and alcohol and thus is somewhat more adult. Downtown Disney had much more of that in the past, but got rid of most of the clubs and generally toned things down.

What hotel are you staying at? I've been to a number of them where there would be plenty for the kids to do in the evening.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,750 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mall for teenagers

Where is the concert?

There are not theaters at either Mall or either outlet; however, if they want to go shopping, then these are open pretty late. (I'd choose the outlets). Orlando Premium Outlets I-Drive is across from Festival Bay so they could go to the movies there.

Alternately, as said, there are movie theaters at both Downtown Disney and CityWalk. Downtown Disney would be the better choice for killing some time. Even better if the concert is at House of Blues.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,024 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mall for teenagers

They would enjoy Downtown Disney much for them to do and see.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mall for teenagers

I wouldn't let my teenagers hang around somewhere for the length of a concert, even in Downtown disney, sorry. You'll be at a concert, how would they contact you if they needed you? Even if you have cell phones that are working here, you wouldn't hear the phone at a concert. Maybe, just maybe, I would leave them in the hotel room as long as you can trust them to stay in and keep the door locked and don't open it to anyone (yes I'm a worry wart, but that's me).

Where is the concert and where is your hotel? This info will help people answer you better :)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mall for teenagers

I can't think of one mall in the Orlando area that I would be comfortable dropping off my teenagers while I went to a concert somewhere. Depending on their ages, DD would be the one I would lean toward.

9. Re: Mall for teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:17