We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

We've only been to Disney once (June 2013) and of course we are dying to go back! Last time we stayed at POFQ and we loved it but am looking at other places just to see what I may or may not be missing. Ideally, we'd like to go to a Deluxe resort (Beach Club or Boardwalk are the most appealing for their proximity to HS and Epcot and also because of their restaurants), however, the cost will likely be out of our budget. I do like the look of Coronado Springs so am wondering if anyone's been to both POFQ and CS that could provide a comparison - pros & cons... thanks!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,880 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

I have stayed at all 4 moderates. My ranking would be:

1. POFQ

2. POR

3. CBR

4. CSR

POFQ Pros: Size (small), buses (one stop during peak times), Amenities (shared facilities of POR, boat to DTD, decor (I like the theme), Beignets!

Cons: No spa

CSR Pros: Higher end amenities in rooms, Spa, Convention Center feel (less kids)

Cons: Huge resort, Convention Center feel (caters to Business over casual travellers), Pepper Market is one of the worst quick service locations on property, multiple bus stops, location (closer to AK and further from MK, EPCOT, DHS), decor (I don't care for the Southwest theme)

If you really want the EPCOT resort area, I would look into the Swan or Dolphin. They often run specials where it can be cheaper to stay there than a value or moderate. You would just need to pay for airport transfers and the resort fee.

pa
Level Contributor
54,085 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

Have stayed at all the Moderates, many, many times. Coronado Springs is a great choice, it has that 'Deluxe' Feel without the price tag.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3270962

When are you hoping to visit again ?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

Are there children involved? If so, POFQ. If not, Coronado Springs.

Happy planning!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

Thanks for the replies so far! I will look into the Swan and Dolphin - can you get the Disney dining program if you stay there? The Magical Express was really nice but certainly not a must have as we are also thinking to move over to a Universal hotel.

Yes, it would be with my son - he's now 11. Not sure, when - lots of factors to take into consideration. Does anybody know if free dining is ever offered in the summer?

Edited: 16 July 2014, 17:42
pa
Level Contributor
54,085 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

You cannot add the Disney Dining Plan at the Swan or Dolphin, they aren't Disney Resorts. No Magical Express either

Typically no free dining during the summer months except for the very end of August. There will be room discounts or a Stay, Play and Dine deal or maybe something New :)

6. Re: Port Orleans FQ vs Coronado Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:17