We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Hello I´m confused, is the yacht pool area the same as the beach club pool area?

What´s the difference between both resort?

Thank you!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Yes same pool, Stormalong Bay.

Difference between resorts is "basically" the theming.

Both share also restaurants, which are great:-):-)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,385 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Here is the aerial map of the Yacht & Beach Club. The pool, Stormalong Bay, sits where the two hotels converge.

http://goo.gl/maps/FUZMO

We stayed at the Beach Club side our first trip, but have since decided we like the theming and feel of the Yacht Club better so it is where we stay most of our trips now.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Thank you for the replies!

I´m making plans for next may (2015), it´s a long time to wait. i´m going crazy.

besos

Pato

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

I could not decide between the two either, but picked the Yacht club side due to better chances of getting a full balcony. From what I understand from reading people's advice on here is that the Beach club has a lot of rooms with very small balconies, not really room to sit, or no balcony at all. Most people say that every room on the Yacht Club has full balconies, but a few have said that not all of the rooms do? I have also read that the Beach Club side is closer to the market where you can take out food. I really want a full balcony so I am going with the Yacht for that reason and we like the theming of the rooms better from what we can see on here anyways. I also heard that the Yacht side is a tad closer to the boat docks, but the Beach Club is a little closer to walking into Epcot. When I say closer I mean maybe 5 minutes by the sounds of things.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Quote " When I say closer I mean maybe 5 minutes by the sounds of things"

Certainly from Beach Club Villas, some of the hotel rooms are even nearer;-);-)

Both great resorts, with fantastic location:-):-)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

I think i´m going to book the yacht but I have to wait until July 30 th to book

thanks!!!

Pato

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Beach Club has far more young families. Yacht Club tends to have more adults, as the convention center is located on the Yacht Club side.

Happy planning!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Thanks travelfan!!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

Very similar theming, just that the Yach Club is a little more swanky and aimed at the adults and beach club is probably more family-esque.

Beach Club is closer to Epcot by 500 yards or so.

Yacht club has the dining choices.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney´sYacht club vs. Disney´s Beach club

My husband and I enjoy both. As others have said, the Beach Club is closer to Epcot, and seems to enjoy more families. Both have great beach/water themes & share the terrific Stormalong Bay pool area. You must take your car, or a bus to Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom. You must walk or take the ferry to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. Could also take your car, but I think it would be more work than needed. So, if you're a big Monorail/Magic Kingdom fan, you may want to rethink these resorts & perhaps book Fort Wilderness, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, or the Grand Floridian resorts instead. Having said that, we are BIG Epcot fans, so our choice, depending on pricing, is to stay at an Epcot (within walking distance) resort. Oh, don't forget the Boardwalk Inn/Resorts, just across the bay from the Beach/Yacht Club resorts. Good luck in planning & enjoying your trip.