We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V-room Gatwick to orlando

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
V-room Gatwick to orlando

Can anyone recommend the v room in Gatwick?

Me and my boyfriend are going to florida for 2 weeks in September for our anniversary and looking for them little extras to make it a little extra special than your normal holiday so just wondering if the v room is worth it?

I was also wondering if you can still visit the duty free/shopping area and come back to the lounge?

Thanks in advance, if anyone has any other extra tips on something that would make out trip that extra special I would really appreciate it :)

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

We are using the vroom in October for the first time we go for 3 weeks on the 20th of October we have watched videos and read reviews looks brilliant and yes you can go in and out to the duty free :) hope you have a lovely time so exciting 😊

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

That sounds great thank you :) got to get a bit of shopping in haha

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,448 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can only use the V Room if you are on a Virgin Holiday and not if you have just booked a flight with VA? If you are on a Virgin Holidays package I would book it.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 10:07
Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

Traveller is right. You can only use it if you're booking with virgin holidays. If you have booked with them, I would go for it. In the grand scheme of things it's not that much extra for the added special touch. I have never used it, was hoping to, but ended up booking with travelcity direct and despite bein owned by virgin holidays, we can't use it. That being said, no 1 traveller also offers an executive lounge with priority security entry. We opted for that. Should have been £25 per person, but we got it at a discounted price because I booked my parking at gatwick at the same time. I believe the v-room and the no 1 traveller lounge offer the same sort of thing.

To answer your other question, you can come and go as you please.

Hope this helps x

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

Hi

I would book another executive lounge rather than the V-Room. Sign up for the airports own information site and you may get special offers for parking and lounges. Also the V- Room charge extra for alcohol.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,138 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

The V Room is full of excited children according to my friend who used it last year

As stated unless you are on a Virgin package you won't have access

If you want a few quiet drinks and a snack book an executive lounge - look on the Gatwick airport website for options or holiday extras website

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

I can't comment on the Gatwick one but hubby and I used Manchester v-room last year and have booked it again this September as we really liked it. You do pay extra for alcohol, but we didn't want to drink at the timewe were flying. Everything's free on the plane anyway so you can make up for it then!

Was pretty quiet when we were there, think there were only a couple of kids but that's maybe due to the time of year. I would definitely recommend it though.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

The v room is fantastic you can go up as many times as you like for the breakfast and there loads of drinks to help your self to and papers tvs and there is a play room for kids and the big kids there are play stations and 3ds as well and free wifi but the best thing is the bar it's nice sitting there relaxing and watching the planes land you can also come and go as much as you like hope this helps Damien

Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

If you have booked a package deal with Virigin Holidays then definitely take up the chance of using the V-Room at Gatwick.

It's a wonderful area to grab a bite to eat and chill out before boarding the plane. We went at around 11AM. They serve hot breakfast items, mixed muffins, cakes and pastries, cereal, fruit, granola and yoghurt, juices, hot drinks.

It wasn't overrun by children and each 'sitting area' consisting of a table and movable comfortable chairs are spaced out from one another so you can't overly hear other people talking.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: V-room Gatwick to orlando

I would always book the V- room if I could ,we have been in all the lounges and the V- room is by far the best and yes you can only book it if you book with Virgin holidays .The food is much better ,bacon rolls sausage on rolls, pasties ,yogurt ,fruit, biscuits ,cant remember what else as it was few years ago .