We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Royal Pacific

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Universal Royal Pacific

I'm thinking of booking the Royal Pacific for one night in early September to take advantage of the express pass.

Which website have you found the best and cheapest place to book it.

I've had a look online and the cheapest I can find it is £151 per night for 2 people, but this rises to £163 for the 4 of us.

Old Colwyn, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

Check out Thomas Cook. Don't know how old your kids are but, I have checked 1 night 9th Sep 2 adults 2 kids aged 10 & 14 £150.63. Hope this helps.

I have just booked with them for the end of August.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
165 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

We booked through lastminute.com and got a few extra pounds off by going through topcasback.com too

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

It appears everyone managed to get the cheapest price with different companies :) It all depends on the date I imagine. I am staying at the Royal Pacific for one night also during my vacation in a few weeks time and managed to get the cheapest price booking through the Royal Pacific directly. I would just check a comparison site like Kayak and check the price directly through the hotel and see whatever is cheapest for your date.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

I booked through hotelopia but have a company employee discount and paid £157 for a 1 night booking for 2d2k in August. Even without my discount they were the cheapest for my date.

It is very true that different dates will give you a different cheapest company. Many booking companies bulk buy rooms for hotels then sell their allocation. So if for one date they have not sold enough their price will reflect this and be cheaper than somebody that has a smaller % of their allocation left than they may expect.

It is a perfect example of supply and demand.

Some people ask why do the hotels sell like this, well that's simple, it's so they know they have so e guaranteed income.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

Thank you to all of you with your suggestions, it certainly helped.

I've managed to book it with ebookers, they have a 15% promo code if you download their app. For 2nd Sept for 3 adults, 1 child (17) it took the price to £156.

I also found another website via mouse savers called cheap tickets and applied the discount from mouse savers and it was a similar price to ebookers.

Most of the general sites were charging £180 plus, so I'm quite pleased.

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

Personally I book with the hotel directly when I can assuming the price is close. I'll even pay a few bucks more, as I've found that I've received better service at certain places if I have issues. That is only me though, but I have purchased through Expedia, Priceline, etc. with success in the past. Glad you got things sorted out.

Don't forget you are eligible for two days of express passes and early park entry. Just get there early in the morning, they will hold your bags for you, get your passes and EPA and head on over. RPR is a great hotel!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

Thanks clhircock, it's the 2 day pass that has encouraged me to book the one night, we are already booked into the Cabana Bay Beach Resort for our 3 weeks holiday, but the Cabana doesn't include the unlimited express pass and its much cheaper to book the room at the RP than pay for the normal express for the two days.

Shame we couldn't afford to stay there for whole holiday :(

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

We were in the same boat last month with express. We got a military discount, but either way it was cheaper than staying off-site and buying express passes. We also enjoyed being within walking distance. I've heard pretty good reviews for Cabana Bay. We're moving to the area next month, but are staying at Hard Rock in December when family come through for the same reasons. Enjoy!

9. Re: Universal Royal Pacific

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15