We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lynx Bus 50

Weymouth, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lynx Bus 50

How long does it take from International Drive to the Disney World TTC? I'm staying at Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando and travelling alone. Huge Disney fan, however couldn't afford to stay in the parks, and want to get to the parks just before opening without the habit of wasting time around I Drive

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lynx Bus 50

We found it normally took about an hour from the top of I drive. Obviously getting the number 8 and then swapping to the 50.

So I would say for you it will be around 45. But I not too sure.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,014 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lynx Bus 50

Allow an hour including wait time to get to the Transportation Center; 15-20 minutes LESS to DownTown Disney. (Yes - WDW is so large it takes the bus ~20 minutes to get from DTD to the TTC, non-stop).

As Jasonflk says, note that 50 only serves stops on Sea Harbor Drive (near Sea World). From elsewhere (eg the Rosen Pointe) you need to first catch an 8 and then transfer. Note also that whilst may people will promote you to take the I-Ride trolley from your hotel to Sea World, doing so

(a) costs extra and

(b) takes longer, as the trolley route is less direct and you have to cross the street as you transfer.

(c) limits how early you can start - trolleys don't run until 8 ish; LYNX starts around 5am

(d) limits how late you stay out - trolleys stop at 1030pm; LYNX runs till after midnight (earlier at weekends)

You may find this helpful as well - have a thorough read: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland… There is a link to bus schedules; use them to plan esp if you are travelling late as some routes get less frequent later on.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lynx Bus 50

If Disney was your thing was staying nearer to DTD an option for you. IDrive is a good location for all the attractions but adds time to your daily travel if disney is your goal.

MArriott village near vineland or across in DTD resort area.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lynx Bus 50

I've found it takes about an hour to hour and a half in total from the area around pointe orlando this includes the transfer at the stop by sea world

Weymouth, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lynx Bus 50

I Drive was the only area where I could have afforded to stay in Orlando where DTD was a bit more expensive

Weymouth, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lynx Bus 50

Thanks guys for your help!

7. Re: Lynx Bus 50

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15