We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit universal studios

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit universal studios

Hi all,

I want to visit Florida and go to the universal studios with my girlfriend next year.. But I'm not sure what month is the best time to visit.. Ideally I want to go when the kids are back at school in the states so the park isn't as busy, either way it will be rammed but not as much when there back at school. So if anyone could help me and let me know what is the best and cheepest month to visit there I would appreciate it :)

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Redditch
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Went in early to mid May and was quiet. Never queued for more than 30 minutes for anything. Most rides were 10 mins except for despicable me and harry potter.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Nice one mate! That's what I want to hear lol.. I will check now. What hotel did you stay ?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Have a look at the crowd calendars orlando informer has a free one or you can pay for touring plans. They will give you a better idea of when is a good time to go.

Bear in mind the quieter times tend to mean some shows or rides might be down for maintenance and the opening times tend to be shorter.

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Agree, check out OI's crowd calendar:

orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/

That will give you a pretty good idea. For Universal, we like to stay on-site for at least a couple days. It is pricey, but staying at the three deluxe hotels gets you Early Park Admission to Harry Potter and Unlimited Express Passes for all dates including check-in and check-out dates. A little pricey, but for a couple days not too bad.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

I'm going mid May next year, picked because the crowds should only be moderate and the weather should be great! Can't wait. We booked as a package through Thomsons and are staying at the Rosen Inn at Pointe- which got reccomended to me by this forum for it's great location and reasonable rates.

Staying at an on site hotel would be lovely- it's expensive but people say it's good value as you get fast passes included. This might be more true for those that sleep 4 or 5 to a room though than just sharing with two, so I decided it was too pricey! Shouldn't really need fast passes in May anyway, or so I hope!

Oh and also my stay in May seems to be falling over memorial day- originally I thought this was a bummer as the parks will be busy, but then I found out that there should be some good sales on- so going to go shopping that day instead! So May sounds like a great option overall.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Thanks guys will look into this !! Thinking of going march or may!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Yeah May seems to be fine, I just hope some of the rides are not down for service! I'm not sure who to book with, Virgin seem good and the hard rock hotel has caught my eye!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

If you can afford it then the Hard Rock does indeed look awesome! But a lot of people say they prefer the other Universal hotels so also check them out. Have a look at Virgin, Thomson, Thomas Cook, and also at seperate flights (use Skyscanner). I guess it depends on whats important to you- I like the security of a package so wanted to use a tour operator, but I'm also a bit of a plane nerd (used to be crew) so really wanted to fly dreamliner... so I used Thomsons! A lot of people like Virgin though.

May will probably have better weather than March... and avoid April because of Spring break/Easter! Although actually Spring break could be in March, someone from the US will have to verify that!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Yeah it looks really nice! Yeah I will have a look at the other hotels too but the hard rock one seems to offer more things like early access etc, but like you said it may not even be needed at that time of the month. The reason that makes me want to pick virgin is because I get 8% because my company do offers. Yeah I know where your coming from mate but I'm lazy I just want one package I can't be bothered to sort the flights and transfers out the mrs can have a go at that lol! I didn't realise the tickets where so expensive ! Haha I don't know much about planes but I've heard about that plane and does look amazing! If you don't mind me asking how long are you going for and how much did you pay?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to visit universal studios

Going for 14 days and it was £1048pp before adding extras like select your seat and transfers. Thats at the rosen inn at pointe, which is at the budget end but gets consistently better reviews than all the fancy hotels!